We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air asia tax refund

california
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Air asia tax refund

I just learn that I can request a tax refund from Air Asia for non refund ticket within 6 months counting from my departure date.

Yesterday, after knowing that information, I filled out eform and submit it on line. I was told I will receive the email from Air Asia with case number after a couples hours.

Today, I wake up and check my email. Still no email from Air Aisia . What shoud I do next. Should I submit another eform . I am just a few days away from the 6 months deadline.

Please advise and thank you

11 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,648 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air asia tax refund

"Should I submit another eform"

I don't see what harm it would. Perhaps take a screenshot if you get a confirmation message.

california
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air asia tax refund

@ Lexexpress,

I plan to submit another one today.

I am waiting to heard if from everyone to see how long they wait for Air Asia refund email with case number.

Also, how long is to receive the refund from air Asia. I do not remember which credit I used to buy my air ticket. My old PC is dead and the information ( receipt) is gone with it.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9,359 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air asia tax refund

Bear in mind that they may deduct an admin fee for this, and that can equal or exceed the tax refund. Check Air Asia's admin fee and if it is anywhere close to the tax fee for the flight then I would just leave it, myself.

california
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air asia tax refund

@ myrm,

I checked the fee for refund and it shows that DMK-PNH segment it cost 160 baht per ticket. I look at my payment detail listed on Ais Asia, it show I paid 1400 baht air port tax. Not sure 100% if that is the correct amount of tax for two one way ticket in this old booking.

Krabi Town, Thailand
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Air asia tax refund

Have just submitted similar claim...no reply, but if you check on "my refunds " and put in your booking no, it may give you a status. However, in my case, it was considered 'closed " reason given :non -valid refund ! You need to be persistent...they hope you'll just give up !.

Houston, texas, USA
Level Contributor
2,887 posts
558 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air asia tax refund

Nice that they at least have a " my refund" listing on the web site

Save Reply
7. Re: Air asia tax refund

where can i find the eform?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
965 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air asia tax refund

See this link: https:/…

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air asia tax refund

I've submitted several refunds in the past and always get the refund. They're for short international flights with very low fares and high airport taxes.

Yes, there is an admin fee for most such refunds but some routes are exempt. For Malaysian domestic flights, the taxes are so low that a refund is not allowed as the admin fee would be higher than the refund.

california
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air asia tax refund

To update :

I got our ticket tax refund afterall. It took almost 6 months to get it. One thing I realize that Air Asia email reply inconsistent. I almost give up, but somehow after 5 months, someone from Air Asia contacted me for new bank details. And although still very confusion with their reply, I finally got my ticket tax refund thru my new credit card

Edited: 03 February 2018, 09:50
Reply to: Air asia tax refund
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted