We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I bring with me 2 backpacks on an Aeroflot airplane?

Tel Aviv, Israel
3 posts
Save Topic
Can I bring with me 2 backpacks on an Aeroflot airplane?

I've a flight with Aeroflot back home - I bought a lot of things so I can put anything in my suitcase because there is no place anymore

I know I can bring with me a little suitcase and a backpack to the airplane - but two backpacks also allowed? I don't have a little suitcase and I don't have the money to buy one

7 replies to this topic
Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,417 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I bring with me 2 backpacks on an Aeroflot airplane?

What size are your backpacks and what would you imagine the total weight?

According to this page ( https:/…carry_on ) passengers are limited to one piece of hand luggage with maximum dimensions not to exceed 115 cm. There are other small items allowed to be carried on board (list on that page).

It does say you can carry a handbag or briefcase, so I suppose you could possibly claim that one of your backpacks is a "handbag", but I imagine that the other items are meant to be small and possibly capable to fitting under the seat in front of you.

Tel Aviv, Israel
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I bring with me 2 backpacks on an Aeroflot airplane?

My two backpacks are small (a size of a school backpack) and I can fit both of them under airplane sit.

Penryn, United...
Level Contributor
1,653 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I bring with me 2 backpacks on an Aeroflot airplane?

I wouldn't risk it personally , although I have been on plenty of airlines where you see people with 2 sometimes 3 items of carryon luggage & they are not in the priority seats

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,255 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I bring with me 2 backpacks on an Aeroflot airplane?

Use one as handbag+notebook bag; should be OK.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I bring with me 2 backpacks on an Aeroflot airplane?

yeah I agree, this would be fine. Stick one on your bag and carry the other. Smaller than a carry on suitcase for sure, and the fact that you are willing to place under the seat means it frees up overhead luggage space for other passengers

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can I bring with me 2 backpacks on an Aeroflot airplane?

if both can fit under the seat, I believe it fits under the category of one carry on (which can't fit under the seat and goes on the overhead luggage space) and a personal carry on which should fit under the seat.

Both of your backpacks do fit under the seat, so I personally do not see any problem.

Tel Aviv, Israel
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Can I bring with me 2 backpacks on an Aeroflot airplane?

Thank you so much for the help!

After my flight I'll update if I had any problems with it ^^

Reply to: Can I bring with me 2 backpacks on an Aeroflot airplane?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted