We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

havilland dash 8-400 Westjet

seattle
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
1 review
Save Topic
havilland dash 8-400 Westjet

Flying next week on this plane ( West Jet) Montreal to Quebec. I have an 18 inch carry-on. Will this fit into the overhead bin? When I fly Alaska on one of their small planes they have a system where you leave a bag at the foot of the stairs/ramp to the plane and collect it when debarking. Thanks in advance for your input.

5 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
43,712 posts
1,304 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: havilland dash 8-400 Westjet

I would suggest looking on the WestJet Website, to check dimensions.

The Dash8 is a small aircraft, with limited overhead, and underseat storage.

What works on other airlines, and on other planes, is immaterial.

Good luck,

Hunt

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: havilland dash 8-400 Westjet

I looked at their website but the info was generic and not related to specific planes. I would like to hear from someone who has flown on that flight and that plane

Canada
Level Contributor
4,992 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: havilland dash 8-400 Westjet

I have a 20in hard sided carry-on and it fits into the WJ Dash 8 overhead bins, with a bit of a shove.

I don't usually take a full size carry on, but my son lives in a remote town which is only served by the turboprop planes. So I have done it if I am carrying valuable things.

They will check it st the door of the plane if fur some reason it didn't fit, or there us no room.

Canada
Level Contributor
4,992 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: havilland dash 8-400 Westjet

Is your name Sophie Or Meg?

seattle
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: havilland dash 8-400 Westjet

Gosh I've no idea where the ID for post #2 came from. I certainly posted it but don't understand either where the name or the picture came from. I've just got a new laptop and am using Windows 10 as opposed to Windows 7. I am known as Meg but prefer to use SS for this on-line forum. Anyway thanks for the info about the plane. Most helpful

Reply to: havilland dash 8-400 Westjet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted