We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver to Dublin, what is a "good" price?

2 posts
Save Topic
Vancouver to Dublin, what is a "good" price?

I plan on travelling from Vancouver, Canada to Dublin, Ireland in late February 2018. It's late September 2017 right now, and the cheapest available prices have been fluctuating around $729-$759 CAD depending on the day. I have no idea whether or not this is a good price. Should I wait longer? Till say November or so? Any advice would be appreciated thanks

4 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,291 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vancouver to Dublin, what is a "good" price?

With which airline are you seeing this price? That's important with regard to what is provided onboard.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,710 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vancouver to Dublin, what is a "good" price?

That feels like a pretty good price to me but be careful if you are seeing that through a third party. They are often unreliable. Buy from the airline directly.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
773 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vancouver to Dublin, what is a "good" price?

Try westjet and air transat . I would think for February., u may be able to find some deals in the six hundreds. Put a price alert on kayak

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,291 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vancouver to Dublin, what is a "good" price?

"Try westjet and air transat . I would think for February., u may be able to find some deals in the six hundreds. Put a price alert on kayak"

======

Westjet and Transat fly (summer) seasonal to Dublin from the east coast. There could be connecting flights. But don't be tempted by their flights to London Gatwick and then having to buy a separate ticket to Dublin. That's risky.

I agree with Geomedic that the fare looks good, as long as it's a full service carrier. Low cost combos such as WOW Air could add in lots of extra fees though (checked bags, carry ons, meals) that could push the total cost much higher.

Reply to: Vancouver to Dublin, what is a "good" price?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted