We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with connecting flights

Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Help with connecting flights

Hi, I was wondering if someone could answer some questions for me.

I am travelling to Hungary from England and I have a 70 minute stopover in Munich. Then on the way back from Hungary to England I have a 90 minute stop over in Frankfurt. All of these flights are with Lufthansa.

So my questions are:

For the stop overs will we need to go through passport control again?

Will we need to pick up our baggage and re check in?

Any info would be great as I've never had a stop over before.

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with connecting flights

Assuming your travel is on one ticket, your luggage will be checked through from UK to Hungary and from Hungary to UK. You will not see it during the connection.

However, you will be entering the Schengen area at Munich, so you go through inbound Passport Control there. Similarly, you leave the Schengen area at Frankfurt, so there will be outbound Passport Control. There will be no Passport Control in either direction in Hungary.

Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with connecting flights

Thank you, yes it's all on the same ticket

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
3,621 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with connecting flights

Exactly as above . . . . adding to that , customs is done in Hungary and then the UK on return. With one ticket, should there be a delay inbound to the connection LH will arrange your onward journey on the next available flight with seats available.

Reply to: Help with connecting flights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted