We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KILA Airport Terminal M

foley
Level Contributor
140 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
KILA Airport Terminal M

Air Malaysia decided it nice to give people a 10 hour layover in KL. Of course the offer no hotel or lounge service. I have been in KILA2 over night and i struggled to buy a bottle of water. Is KILA one better? Hotels are too expensive . Are there lounges that allow you to pay that are not too expensive. cafes open all night. time is from 11 pm until 9 am.

9 replies to this topic
Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
23,354 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KILA Airport Terminal M

Cannot answer your questions as I've never considered spending a night in that or any other airport.

However, for the benefit of others puzzled by which *killer* airport you are referring to, it's KLIA - Kuala Lumpur international airport, otherwise known as KUL! Oh, and the airline is Malaysia Airlines, otherwise known as MAS or MH!

SWT

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
24,485 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KILA Airport Terminal M

Was the flight suddenly delayed and that’s why you now have 10 hours? If all passengers on that flight have been suddenly delayed what are other people around you doing? Surely lots of people would be in the same situation. Or did you book flights and not realise there would be a 10 hour layover?

If you are in the airport right now aren’t there information desks open to ask where things are, and what’s available? Can’t you see any cafes or shops or signs to rest areas or lounges?

Penang Island...
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
11,706 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KILA Airport Terminal M

So what flights are you doing that give you a 10 hour layover? You must be going to and from some pretty odd places for this to happen. Did this happen after you booked flights with a shorter layover, and what alternatives were you offered when the flights were changed?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KILA Airport Terminal M

Is it an international transfer or international to domestic transfer? If you are having an international transfer you could pre-book Sama Sama Express KLIA hotel or just walk-in and use their lounge facilities. If you are looking for a cheaper option (and if you don't need a visa to enter Malaysia?) then you could stay at Tune hotel at KLIA2.

foley
Level Contributor
140 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: KILA Airport Terminal M

Bangkok to London with Air Malaysia. It lands at KL at 11:10 and leaves at 9 AM the next day. It was the cheapest option .

foley
Level Contributor
140 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: KILA Airport Terminal M

It also had a long layover.

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: KILA Airport Terminal M

So you booked a flight based on price and then complain about the layover? Either suck it up or pay more for a better connection.

Anyhow IME KLIA 1 is worse than 2, but there are a couple of cafe type places open late. Good luck.

Edited: 12 December 2017, 17:22
Penang Island...
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
11,706 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: KILA Airport Terminal M

<<Air Malaysia decided it nice to give people a 10 hour layover in KL. Of course the offer no hotel or lounge service.It was the cheapest option>>

You chose that option based on price. The airline is under no obligation to give you a lounge or hotel. Now you may find it's going to cost you more, and will certainly be more uncomfortable, than if you'd paid the higher price for the shorter layover.

There is an old expression that "you pays your money, and you take your choices". Certainly applies here.

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: KILA Airport Terminal M

I've had an enforced nights stay at KLIA, when our Emirates flight was woefully late but I would't deliberately do it to myself though!

Take a look here for ideas https:/…kualalumpur.htm

Reply to: KILA Airport Terminal M
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted