We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AirNZ Seat Selection

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
AirNZ Seat Selection

So I'm looking at some fares via skiddoo for an International flight with AirNZ. These fares are cheaper than directly with AirNZ. From what I understand, AirNZ offer complimentary seat selection for international long haul. However, when I proceed to 'Seat Selection' via skiddoo...I'm being asked to pay $16pp.

Would I ignore this step, continue my booking with skiddoo...then modify/select my seats directly with AirNZ?

5 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,943 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AirNZ Seat Selection

Maybe it varies by route, but ANZ don’t give you free seat selection on all fare types.

For example I am flying Christchurch to Perth (7 hrs) next month on ANZ. On that route you don’t get free seat selection on the cheapest seat only or seat+bag fares, you have to go up to the Works package.

Probably skidoo is selling you one of those cheap ticket types with no hold baggage or seat selection. Check the Ts and Cs.

Edited: 23 January 2018, 06:39
Level Contributor
305 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AirNZ Seat Selection

If you don't book on the ANZ website, you can not make changes/additions/anything on the ANZ website. It is best to book direct with ANZ. You might pay a bit more, but you get so much more and you get peace of mind that if you have any changes or probles or situations, you can sort it out easily. Please do NOT use a third party agent.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,775 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AirNZ Seat Selection

Generally if you buy through a third party you deal with the third party not the airline ... so you need to ask Skiddoo what the process is ... let us know how that goes :)

They don't have the best reputation so good luck.

Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,144 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AirNZ Seat Selection

Not all seats are free on AirNZ nowadays, unless you book Business Class. They have something called 'preferred seating' for which there is a charge. But, as has been said, this applies if you book on the AirNZ website. Charges vary as you will see. The link below applies to the Australian website so should be accurate if you're travelling from Australia to another destination.

You'll notice that passengers with status who book with AirNZ (koru, gold etc) have access to more free seating, but I'm assuming this doesn't apply in your case.

But as to how you go about choosing a seat if you book with Skiddoo - I have no idea.

Hope this helps a little.

10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: AirNZ Seat Selection

if its Melbourne to NZ you pay for the seat via one of Air NZ's packages

Reply to: AirNZ Seat Selection
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted