We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expressing Dissappointment with Flight Hub

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Expressing Dissappointment with Flight Hub

I just want to share the experience with Flight Hub. I have been buying tickets online and whoever can provide the cheapest, there I will buy. This was the first time I am bought from FH. They showed the cheapest at the time and so I selected. While I was typing all our names (5 pax), my wife notice that the amount is not according to what we were quoted in search. I do understand that they have the right to change esp when the price actually changed. Though I would say that this is the first time I experienced this kind, I called the customer support to clarify after the booking. They explained that the website will also refreshed with the new prices. But when I refreshed, I still got the cheapest quoted price. I documented everything and all I can say is that I will avoid them going forward. They are not honest and they did not help at all in resolving my concern. The customer support could only offer the cancellation with charges... darn!

10 replies to this topic
Lake Crystal...
Level Contributor
660 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Expressing Dissappointment with Flight Hub

1. Do a search for Flighthub here, or elsewhere, and you'll find numerous complaints.

2. You get what you pay for. Many 3rd party bookers do not have live prices. If you always 'have been buying tickets online and whoever can provide the cheapest, there I will buy" consider yourself fortunate that you have not had this sort of thing happen before. If you ever need to make any changes, things can get bad -- and expensive -- with some of these shonky online, third party "agents."

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,481 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Expressing Dissappointment with Flight Hub

They may only have had one or two seats in the lowest price bucket, and when you asked for five tickets it bumped you up a bucket.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
58,237 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Expressing Dissappointment with Flight Hub

'I have been buying tickets online and whoever can provide the cheapest, there I will buy.' Oh. Remember that one gets what one pays for.

'While I was typing all our names (5 pax), my wife notice that the amount is not according to what we were quoted in search. I do understand that they have the right to change esp when the price actually changed.' Although nothing to do with FlightHub, who I'd never use to book anything, this may have been an issue with the airline availabilty and not the actions of the third party booking site.

If you asked for deeply discounted tickets from A to B and wanted to book one passenger you might have been offered a fare of £/$/euro (we have no idea) XYZ, with one or two seats remaining in that lowest fare bucket. By asking for tickets for five, if there were not five seats available in that lowest fare bucket, the airline's system would automatically have booked all five pax in the next highest fare bucket, say, £/$ XYZ+50 per person.

There is a way to check this, and that's by making dummy bookings (for one pax and then for five pax) directly with the airline. Having made the dummy booking you should then stay there and book the flights with the airline no matter what any third party could promise, unless you wanted to pay the third party to press a few buttons on your behalf.

Edit: Brooklyn Bridge - snap!

Edited: 23 January 2018, 04:49
South of England
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Expressing Dissappointment with Flight Hub

Your profile does not show your location but could this also be a CAD$ / USD$ issue?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11,645 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Expressing Dissappointment with Flight Hub

Scouring the internet to find the so called cheapest ticket is a fool's game...you have no idea the business practices or ethics of the company offering the tickets for sale, most of which for the cheap ones are not live prices and are akin to bait and switch.

Nothing wrong with finding bargain ticket but do it direct from airline websites or reputable travel agencies

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
50,432 posts
1,670 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Expressing Dissappointment with Flight Hub

My “bet” is that two posters above, have likely mailed the issue - < 5 tickets left in the quoted Fare Bucket.

Good luck,

Hunt

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
10,016 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Expressing Dissappointment with Flight Hub

" I have been buying tickets online and whoever can provide the cheapest" - And that is the issue. Advertised prices aren't always realtime, nor are they always between the two cities your are planning to fly between.

There is no cheap fare fairy.

Maryland
Level Contributor
4,375 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Expressing Dissappointment with Flight Hub

Sorry for your bad luck. Complaints ? Get in line with the other thousands.....

Gotta ask though, will you still use 3rd party booking sites or have you gained any insight ?

Dubuque, Iowa
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Expressing Dissappointment with Flight Hub

I have thus far went through GREAT frustration dealing with FlightHub. Without going into the 2 page specifics of what I went through, I was repeatedly told they’d work with me, can’t do it, work with me, it won’t work, work with me, etc. until I was finally where I needed to be with it. I went back and rebooked the flight as needed. It cost a little more, but it all looks ok now. I am hoping I don’t have problems with charges and credits.

I was so excited to find this company and was planning to book all kinds of travel through them. I still hope to, but am very hesitant after all of this.

I have a splitting headache from going through all of this for now over 3 hours!

Since this ordeal, I have read terrible things about FlightHub, so who knows what will happen in the next 5 months, but I really hope to follow this up with good remarks.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
67,831 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Expressing Dissappointment with Flight Hub

It's impossible to tell at this stage whether you'll have issues in the months to come or whether everything will be fine. However, even if the latter turns out to be true, I would still avoid this mob in the future. It's like rolling a dice and I'm not a gambler.

Reply to: Expressing Dissappointment with Flight Hub
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted