We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TravelMano - legit?? any experience

Iffeldorf, Germany
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
TravelMano - legit?? any experience

HI,

I just booked a flight via TravelMano (found via the Momondo search engine)

Everything seemed fine but now I'm a bit dubious...

They've asked for 'front and back picture of credit card and one of the government issued id'

I've never needed this for an online booking before and I#m wondering if they are trying to rip me off.

Are my booked flights even legit??

Any feedback most appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Lea

7 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TravelMano - legit?? any experience

This is not unusual. You should be able to check your booking on the airline's webpage.

India
Level Contributor
186 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TravelMano - legit?? any experience

I would never go ahead with this agency ask them to cancel reservation completely as your card has not been charged yet .

But if you still want to go ahead , give them only the front of your card & not back, along with your photo id.

If it is an American Express Card , make sure you cover the 4 digit pin on the front whilst sending the copy.

Again it would be best to avoid them.

Edited: 21 February 2018, 22:12
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: TravelMano - legit?? any experience

Hi Lea,

I just had the same experience with TravelMano ( found via MOMONDO as well). I personally preferred to cancel my booking with them. Their logic did not make any sense, they apparently needed this information to book my international flights, but I am booking international flights very often with various companies, and never someone ask me to send some pictures of my credit card.I highly suspect the company to be a scam, even though everything on their website appeared legit. I am now hoping that I will get my money back.

Synthia

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
17,504 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TravelMano - legit?? any experience

Synthia. If this is the first time things have gone wrong, count yourself very lucky. Maybe try booking with the airline directly?

Iffeldorf, Germany
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TravelMano - legit?? any experience

Hi Synthia,

I hope it all works out for you.

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback.

I cancelled my reservation with TravelMano too, and thereafter called my bank. They said no charges had been made from Travelmano, but there was an 'enquiry' from the date of the reservation a few days proceeding - kind of a good sign that they are legit...??. But when I explained the situation to my bank they also found it dubious and cancelled my credit card immediately. TravelMano hence cancelled my reservation.

(The only downside for me was that by the time a new credit card turned up in the post a week later prices for the flights had jumped dramatically, but at least no bigger damage was done, I guess).

If it helps - this is all I found on the internet:

https:/…is-travelmano.com-a-fake-site.html

Is travelmano.com a fake site ? Is travelmano.com legit and trustworthy ?

Low Trust Rating. This Site May Not Be Safe to Use.

Site is Singapore based , But The Real Location Is Being Hidden

Trust Score of 4%

I also wrote to MOMONDO and got the following feedback, which I also gave to Travelmano. TravelMano did not respond if they would be content with the decrribed information, so I still can't say if they are legit or not.

In any case no one should ever have all the information on your credit card.

Hi Lea,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

It is not uncommon that online travel agencies may request proof of your identity (passport copy/drivers license copy) and/or copy of the front and back of your credit card, before issuing your ticket. Remember that you can simply cover all the numbers on the front of the card, except the last 4 and on the back you can cover your entire account number.

momondo is not responsible for the terms of use or the privacy policy of the websites where you complete your booking. We strongly recommend that you always read the terms of use and privacy policy of a vendors website, before you agree to them. It is always up to the user themselves to decide whom they chose to book with.

Kind regards,

momondo Consumer Services Rep

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
64,822 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TravelMano - legit?? any experience

That final paragraph from Momondo contains some excellent advice.

Tel Aviv, Israel
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: TravelMano - legit?? any experience

did anyone had a problem with this compeny ?

ive just send them my card and they said its unreadable and i should send another one ... i dont know what to do

Reply to: TravelMano - legit?? any experience
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted