We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA Holidays to Antigua

Ilford, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
BA Holidays to Antigua

Does anyone know if I can book a BA holiday through a Travel Agent and not on-line?

15 replies to this topic
South of England
Level Contributor
2,681 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA Holidays to Antigua

British Airways Holidays have been “direct-sell” for many years now so you are unable to book via a travel agency.

If you do not wish to book online you could always book with them over the phone. Calls are often routed to the BA call centre in Newcastle.

Other travel companies and agencies may also be able to package up your holiday with BA flights.

Ilford, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA Holidays to Antigua

Thanks for the info. I may try my local agent first then if no joy it will have to be phone booking. We usually go with Virgin but for some reason they do not seem to have any Premium Economy seats this year they have also moved to Gatwick North Terminal which we are not keen on (I know we are not there long but).

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
10,369 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA Holidays to Antigua

I've booked several BA holidays (online) and have been impressed.

What is concerning you about booking direct with them? What advantage do you think you'd get by using a third party? ( not that you can)

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
39,877 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA Holidays to Antigua

I'd consider booking online preferable to using a 3rd party anyway and I'd never book over the phone unless it was unavoidable.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
41,300 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BA Holidays to Antigua

I fly to Antigua twice or three times a year, with BA (south terminal now), but never a holiday. Always book separately.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
573 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: BA Holidays to Antigua

<I may try my local agent> although post #1 advises in response to your query that booking through an agency is not possible.Why would you do that?

South of England
Level Contributor
2,681 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BA Holidays to Antigua

To see if a travel agency can supply the holiday with another tour operator who uses British Airways and the hotel that the OP wants, or for the travel agent to dynamically package the combination.

uk
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BA Holidays to Antigua

Hi Ann. We've been using BA for the last few years and slways book online with no problems. I believe they may charge an admin fee for phone bookings ( I may be wrong though). Have not yet been able to find the same package cheaper through an agent.

Edited: 25 February 2018, 17:58
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
9,849 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BA Holidays to Antigua

I use BA.com and add either or both car hire and hotel which then becomes a ‘holiday’ ATOL protected. It often works out cheaper than booking separately. Is this what you mean by a BA holiday? Never had a problem booking online, it’s easy, much better than doing so over the phone. Things can go wrong over the phone.

Also booking direct does away with the middleman. If you really aren’t confident I’d only use a reliable independent High Street TA.

Hope you sort the holiday you want.

Ilford, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BA Holidays to Antigua

Hi AmoMondo, having had my credit card details forged (for want of a better word) by dong on- line shopping with a very well known on- line company I have vowed not to do anything on- line again.

Reply to: BA Holidays to Antigua
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted