We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warning - Beware Opodo - Had to pay an extra £1000

1 post
Warning - Beware Opodo - Had to pay an extra £1000

I tried to change my flight a day after booking. Opodo changed it with the airline but never confirmed or informed me of this date change. On my online account and app itinerary it said the flight would leave on the 30th when actually it was the 29th. When I tried to check in online on the 30th I was told I had missed my flight and opodo refused to acknowledge that the details on my account were wrong and I ended up having to pay for an entirely new flight as well as paying a no-show charge when boarding my return flight. In total, for a 380 pound flight I had to pay an extra 1000 pounds out of pocket because of Opodo's disorganisation. Their current replies state that it is normal for account details to take a while to update, which would be fine if they were updated at least prior to take off, but the only update is the extra ticket charge.

15 replies to this topic
Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
29,518 posts
45 reviews
74 helpful votes
11. Re: Warning - Beware Opodo - Had to pay an extra £1000

Lizzie seems to have gone very quiet all of a sudden - will she turn out to beanother one post wonder who didn't like the answers they got?

California
Level Contributor
75,886 posts
1,795 reviews
475 helpful votes
12. Re: Warning - Beware Opodo - Had to pay an extra £1000

ANOTHER Opodo thread?

How many do we need before folks stop using them, Lizzie?

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
43,854 posts
33 reviews
98 helpful votes
13. Re: Warning - Beware Opodo - Had to pay an extra £1000

Lizzie does indeed need to beware that any return ticket is also likely cancelled having no showed on the first flight.

So, did the £1000 buy a single ticket or the full replacement return, if a return ticket?

SWT

14. Re: Warning - Beware Opodo - Had to pay an extra £1000

Tripadvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

What are forum guidelines?

penna
Destination Expert
for Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
36,093 posts
52 reviews
26 helpful votes
15. Re: Warning - Beware Opodo - Had to pay an extra £1000

"So, did the £1000 buy a single ticket or the full replacement return, if a return ticket?"

That is the 1000 Pound question.

Reply to: Warning - Beware Opodo - Had to pay an extra £1000
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.