We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qantas

Australia
Level Contributor
176 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Qantas

Just returned from my 15 day trip: Brisbane/Singapore (Qantas), Singapore/Paris/Marseille (Air France), Paris/London (BA), London/Singapore/Brisbane (Qantas). Qantas I found to be a superior service - aircraft clean, seats comfortable (I travel economy), cabin crew professionally pleasant, smart and attentive, food edible, IFE works well, baggage allowance very reasonable. Makes me proud to know that my national carrier is doing a good job. Recommend Qantas to everyone.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
42 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qantas

I agree, I always travel Qantas economy, a bit tight for room if the person puts their seat back, but I always find the staff excellent.

I have joined Qantas Club, travelling annually to visit children located overseas I find it helps a lot in alleviating the travel experience, and well worth retaining my loyalty to Qantas.

Elizabeth

Melbourne, Victoria
Level Contributor
193 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qantas

Nice to hear some positive feedback but when you say superior what are you comparing to? 1 short haul BA flight from Paris to London (a 45 min flight) and 1 long haul and 1 short haul on Air france.

BA short haul is pretty standard and you wouldnt get Personal TVs or much in the way of food.

Just trying to add some balance to the scenario thats all.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qantas

am glad the qantas planets lined up for you.

i got sick of waiting for them to do so for me so avoid 'our national carrier' when i can. asian airlines imo out do them in every facet of air travel, both on the ground and in the air.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Qantas

Good to hear a good report about Qantas but like lien it wont sway me into using their services any time soon

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,880 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qantas

I agree 100% lien. Qantas doesn't see my money anymore. My airline of choice is Singapore, but we're thinking of giving Emirates a go next time; their business class seats are a fair bit cheaper than Singapore and on their website they look good ..... but the real thing may not live up to the glossy website of course. I'm crossing my fingers for a Singapore sale closer to the time we're going, so nothing definite yet. But, oh how I would love to be on the A380 with SQ in business class - 34" wide seats!!!! I'm sure I drooled down my front when we last boarded and had to walk through business to get to our last-row seats in economy - the economy seats were'nt actually that narrow, but they looked only half as wide after seeing business class :-)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,898 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qantas

If I can use FF points, if they go where I want to go in the quickest time - or if they are the cheapest I will fly with them -otherwise not -mostly because crew seem surly, almost every flight Ive been on the last 10 years has been late and they are the only airline weve ever flown with where our luggage was delayed for 3 days. .

I agree MT SQ is pretty good ,but most other international airlines we have flown with (except AA) were also better than Q.

Will maybe fly SQ, Emirates or South African next year for our big trip. Depends who gives us the best deal

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
808 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Qantas

Like some of the other posters, congratulations to you on the service you've received. Unfortunately most of my long haul experience with qantas last few years has been rather poor. They would have to make substantial changes to ever tempt me again.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Qantas

nozzie, I just don't see the value in Qantas points anymore. I have 120000+ in my account and everytime I go to book a fare there is a ridiculous amount of taxes and surcharges which have to be paid. Often it is much better value just to book a paid fare with another carrier.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,898 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Qantas

Yep hindo I agree. We only use points when it does work out cheaper. And that's not only for Q points either. We have a heap of Krisflyer points too which are almost impossible to use in a rational way.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Qantas

Yeah my Mileage Plus points are the same. Makes me wonder what's the point in having them sometimes