We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BEWARE: booking online flights with ZUJI!!!

Melbourne, AUS
Level Contributor
60 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
BEWARE: booking online flights with ZUJI!!!

I am not usually one to complain, but I was so angry at the service provided by online company Zuji that I felt compelled to warn others and yes, you could say get some revenge via word of mouth to other travellers!

My partner and I are in Poland at the moment and we needed to urgently change a flight 8 days forward due to a visa issue...so it was pretty urgent that the flight get changed. Although they are an online company they require a phone call got admentments etc...fair enough.

After buying a significant amount of phone credit we call the overseas number and are put on hold for 30 mins until our phone cuts out. Next night we do the same to be told that after 20 mins being put on hold the computers are too slow at that time to go through with request! Let person on phone know of urgency and give my number only to not hear from them. We call continously for 5 days, with either the phone cutting out after 31 mins (weird Polish phone time limit) waiting for operator or the slow nature of their computers!

Finally get a family member in Australia to change flights for us, she is put on hold for 45 mins! She is told that we just have to ring to pay as credit card has to be in our name, but otherwise it is all confirmed, only payment is needed. Call them immediately to go through the whole process again and with 15 mins to spare on our time limit we are put on hold not once, not twice but three times whilst the operator verifies our flights all over again!

Finally got it done via Australia and was promised confirmation email in 24-48hours...that was 5 days ago....

They have not responded to any emails (even though their auto reply boasts a personal touch with an answer to all emails) and I sent some 3 weeks ago! I have booked 2 quite expensive flights with them but yet they can't provide me with a decent service!

They might be ok for quick flights that will not need any changing or contact with them. But forget it if you ever need to make an amendment or ask them questions, whether by phone or email!

Really dissapointed and have used other Internet flight bookers with out this amount of problems, frustration or difficulty!!! Really put a dampener on our mood and holiday!

So buyer beware!

130 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BEWARE: booking online flights with ZUJI!!!

Just to clarify, you had to change flights due to a visa problem? And your phone calls to them were frequently "cut off" due to problems with the Polish time limit? You can hardly blame Zuji for these annoyances.

I am surprised you were even able to change flights, as Zuji has this in their terms:

"Please note that changes to ticketed air tickets are not permitted."

Did you look at your booking directly with the air carrier to see if your changes have been ticketed with them?

Melbourne, AUS
Level Contributor
60 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BEWARE: booking online flights with ZUJI!!!

You can change flights as long as you pay the fees they want...and the Polish time limit is 31 minutes, not 10, not 15. I was calling the number they told me were for more urgent inquiries. They told my relative that their overseas number was answered more quickly than their Australian number, cutting out after 31 mins of being on hold waiting to talk to an operator is not very efficient. We even got up in the middle of the night here to call as soon as they opened to avoid being put on hold...did not make any difference. They are obviously under-staffed!

It was very frustrating, especially when we are in a foreign country. I don't understand how they can run a massive business like that...

3. Re: BEWARE: booking online flights with ZUJI!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 July 2011, 13:35

Melbourne, AUS
Level Contributor
60 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BEWARE: booking online flights with ZUJI!!!

Whether it was a visa problem is not the issue...if I had to get home due an ill relative or family death I'm sure there would be not as much criticism. I had to change my flight urgently...bottom line. They did not provide me with good service and obviously do not value their customers. I have had many pleasant experiences with other companies. They obvously are a money hungry company who are under staffed and treat you as a number!

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,263 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BEWARE: booking online flights with ZUJI!!!

This problem comes up frequently with online booking agencies. Basically, if you have a problem its impossible to get through to anyone let alone make any changes.

Dump these people and get your self a good travel agent especially if you are doing a multi leg trip and remember that you get what you pay for in the travel industry. Go for cheap and cheerful and that's what you get.

If its a trip that involves just one carrier book online with that carrier or if its a hotel you want go direct.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
55,323 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BEWARE: booking online flights with ZUJI!!!

Honestly, your complaints aren't Zuji's fault.

Visa problem: That's really your problem, not Zuji's.

Phone hold time/Email response: That's really par for the course for many of these online agencies. They can obviously improve but you will likely see the same issues with many of the online agents. Like the last poster said, use a travel agent instead if you are the type to make last minute changes frequently, or buy tickets in the higher fare buckets that allow changes.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,274 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BEWARE: booking online flights with ZUJI!!!

>>Honestly, your complaints aren't Zuji's fault.

So promising to send confirmation email within 24-48 hours and failing to deliver is not Zuji's fault? Not responding to emails is not Zuji's fault?

Saying that it's par for the course doesn't really excuse the company's poor serice imo.

Edited: 30 September 2010, 17:30
Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: BEWARE: booking online flights with ZUJI!!!

I don't understand why everyone is picking on the reason why Mandle had to change the return flight.

Zuji clearly offers changes for a fee (subject to fare/airline limitations). The reason why somebody wants to change the return flight is absolutely irrelevant.

If they offer this service, but make it practically impossible to arrange (especially if you are somewhere away from home), it is indeed bad service. I was just about to book a flight with Zuji, but after reading this I will check around what people's experiences are with other online bookers.

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero, Melton Mowbray, Elora
Level Contributor
15,325 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BEWARE: booking online flights with ZUJI!!!

> I don't understand why everyone is picking on the reason why Mandle had to change the return flight.

Because visas are the passenger's responsibility. Booking a flight without having the correct visa in place is a recipe for disaster. So part of the blame lays with mandle for that. It is not like a sudden illness.

That said, any company should deliver what it promises. Another reason for booking direct with the airline even if it costs a bit more. Airlines are usually much easier to get hold of while abroad.

Edited: 09 November 2010, 18:51
Dorchester, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BEWARE: booking online flights with ZUJI!!!

I agree witht he opinion that the bottom line is the customer service. I have the same grumble with the flighthunters/seabreeze holidays at the moment precisely because the failure to deliver i.e response to email, and also misinformation on hidden costs i.e not telling me upfront that on top of the price they quoted they added £25 booking charge and £15 'others' (what is others? staff coffeee/lunch???). I am stuck with this and will have to swallow it, but not gonna use them anymore that is for sure.

Reply to: BEWARE: booking online flights with ZUJI!!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted