We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked flights through Flight Office but worried!

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Booked flights through Flight Office but worried!

hi, I recently booked flights to Bali but finding the whole process with flight office a bit weary. just wondered if anyone ha use them before or anything?

thanks

35 replies to this topic
London
Level Contributor
644 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked flights through Flight Office but worried!

It would probably help others to help you to understand what part of the process are you finding troublesome?

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked flights through Flight Office but worried!

Ok, so I booked online and straight away received an automatic email confirmation, then I received an email to confirm my details and the flights were correct (which. they weren't) I have responded and spoken to them and have be told I would receive an eticket yesterday, but haven't. Spoke to them today and they said I'll receive it today but they only have my name no passport details or anything. Flight office is trading under Travelopedia Ltd if that helps.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3,346 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked flights through Flight Office but worried!

looks like a one-man band trading from a flat in Slough

address was changed in 2014 (from another flat in Slough) and looks like was previously birdcubetravel

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i…

They may come back and ask you for more money so you can decline to proceed (don't mention 'cancel') then you can book direct with the airline..or maybe it will all be fine

I assume you were tempted to book with them based on the price they displayed?

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked flights through Flight Office but worried!

Hi, yes I book with the as it was a good price. Since feeling a bit suspicious ive looked online and there's mixed reviews. I'm just worried now and need some reassurance really. Ok thank you, fingers cross it will all be ok, it's my first time going traveling so want all to go smoothly.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
43,887 posts
1,307 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked flights through Flight Office but worried!

Laura,

I do not know of this company, so have zero experience with them.

However, the time to worry, and to research, before spending money with any unknown, is before one buys, and not after.

Hope that things do go well, from the purchase, to your flights.

Good luck,

Hunt

England, United...
Level Contributor
11,994 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booked flights through Flight Office but worried!

Their " contact us" address is a 2 bed flat, which is also the registered office address of at least 10 other shonky looking Limited Companies offering flights and accomodation at bargain basement prices.

Looks very iffy to be...

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booked flights through Flight Office but worried!

Hi, thank you. I am very worried now if I'm honest. I spoke to them today and I should be receiving my eticket on Tuesday, fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.

Will let you all know how it goes.

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,797 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booked flights through Flight Office but worried!

Promises, promises...

If the flights were booked incorrectly, but were still booked, I don't see any airline refunding or changing a ticket just because the third party did it incorrectly. Maybe that explains the cheapness of the ticket... going to places other than where you want to so. We've seen that before.

Let us know what happens on "Tuesday", or if they simply kicked the can down the road a little.

Third parties don't get special deals from the airlines. Book directly with the airline next time.

Edited: 28 August 2016, 07:31
Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booked flights through Flight Office but worried!

I think it's was a small error on their side as the flight was very similar and time was 15 minutes later. I'll be honest it's not mega cheaper but is a little bit, fingers crossed it will be fine. Also there isn't many company's left with the specific flight so I was personally getting desperate to. It would be great to hear from someone who had used the company before.

Wish me luck

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,797 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booked flights through Flight Office but worried!

"Also there isn't many company's left with the specific flight "

The ticket sellers don't fly and cannot book flights without the airline having space. Our consistent advice here is to book with the airline directly. You've already been told that they aren't a material company and that none of us would use them. I don't know what you are looking for here, false hope? If they are a tiny company run out of a second bedroom someplace, the likelihood that you will find material opinions is negligible.

Just because you see an advertised price, it doesn't mean that they have tickets available for you at that or any price.

Edited: 28 August 2016, 12:56
Reply to: Booked flights through Flight Office but worried!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted