We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Princess Cruises Coffee Cards

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,655 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
Princess Cruises Coffee Cards

As a person who loves a flat white a couple of times per day, I have to say I'm not happy with Princess' change to their coffee cards which has worked well for us thus far.

It seems that coffee cards will only be able to be used on a single voyage and that any unused portion will not be refunded.

Each person must buy their own coffee "package", and paper coffee cards will be done away with and any coffee package bought will be recorded on your cruise card.

I wonder how they are going to deal with Elites who can exchange their mini bar set up for 2 coffee cards?

Personally, I'm not happy with these changes ...

https:/…index.html

8 replies to this topic
Chatham, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Cruises
Level Contributor
5,790 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Princess Cruises Coffee Cards

It's frustrating. And, I bet those Elite pax get fobbed off with something less.

HAL shared with their officers that they actively wanted to discourage loyal pax, and get new cruisers with no expectations, who would be happy with less. Of course, this leaked to the loyal pax.

Less predictably, officers and crew go out of their way to be gracious to returning pax.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,655 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Princess Cruises Coffee Cards

Wow - how many new passengers can there be?

Marketing strategies are usually about encouraging repeat business not having a customer return once or twice and that's it !

Princess' "extras" for Elite have been declining in recent years IMO, eg we used to get 24 bottles/cans in our mini bar set up which you could exchange for 2 bottles of wine, or two coffee cards or a mix of whatever you wanted which had been supplied in the mini bar. Now there are 20 bottles / cans all up and only one bottle of wine if you exchange all of the mini bar ... still two coffee cards but they will be phased out !

With Princess, if you opt to pay extra for Club Class that may make you feel special, however the cabin is the same, you eat on one side of the dining room with the same menu as others have, however you have nicer table cloths, cutlery and wine glasses (not that I noticed the latter two) and you have an extra dish not on the menu for others at dinner. Not too much to be excited about there IMO !!

ft lauderdale
Level Contributor
101 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Princess Cruises Coffee Cards

How can they really prevent sharing ?if there a will there’s a way ...

Chatham, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Cruises
Level Contributor
5,790 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Princess Cruises Coffee Cards

@Dougo:

>>>>"Wow - how many new passengers can there be? "

HAL Corporate never lets reality get in the way of their world view, LOL.

I'm sorry your preferred line has a case of "the stupids" as well.

Edited: 08 June 2018, 12:00
St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,528 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Princess Cruises Coffee Cards

From Princess earlier today:

From Princess today:

"Hi, XXX, You'll be able to exchange a complimentary mini-bar setup for two New Grounds Coffee Packages, as we're no longer issuing the paper cards."

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,655 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Princess Cruises Coffee Cards

Thanks reedprincess ... I did read the new policy on their webpage but think this too will change. You used to be able to get 2 bottles of wine per mini bar set up .. now there is only one bottle of wine.

The issue for me and many others is that the coffee card cannot be used on other Princess Cruises ... so for say a 7 day cruise, we would be unlikely to use the second card.

I've read on the Princess FB site that some have paid for coffee cards and have no chance of using them, and no refunds either.

Saving paper is a crap excuse when you think of all the "junk mail" that is put in your letter box outside your door inviting people to Lotus Spa, Art Auctions, photo packages etc etc.

7. Re: Princess Cruises Coffee Cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2018, 21:30

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,655 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Princess Cruises Coffee Cards

Advertising is not allowed on TripAdvisor ... reported.

Reply to: Princess Cruises Coffee Cards
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted