We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CMV Marco Polo Queries

Nottingham
Level Contributor
101 posts
255 reviews
Save Topic
CMV Marco Polo Queries

We are off on our first ever sea cruise at the end of this month, on CMV's Marco Polo to the Fjords. I have a number of 'newbie queries', but unfortunately I can't seem to set up an account on Cruise Critic so I'm asking them here in the hope that someone can help!

- Are there restrictions on taking liquids in hand luggage?

- Are all of your bags scanned when you board?

- CMV's info suggest that only cases under 23cm in height can be stored under the bed. As ours are bigger than this, I assume we'll just have to store them in the cabin as best we can?

- What can we keep with us for the last night?

- Are there any restrictions on hairdryers?

- Do we need to book Afternoon tea?

- Do we need to inform Waldorf staff if we are eating in Marco’s instead?

- Is the Fusion restaurant worth the extra charge?

- Can we take our own water on board?

Thanks in advance!

2 replies to this topic
england
Level Contributor
653 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CMV Marco Polo Queries

you might be better off asking this on the Marco polo thread

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i…

i can answer some tho... see below

Are there restrictions on taking liquids in hand luggage? - you are not supposed to take alcohol on board but i assume. sometimes these are scanned, sometimes not

- Are all of your bags scanned when you board? - usually yes

- CMV's info suggest that only cases under 23cm in height can be stored under the bed. As ours are bigger than this, I assume we'll just have to store them in the cabin as best we can?.... we usually fit ours under but if not you just keep them in your cabin

- What can we keep with us for the last night? - whatever you want but it will have to fit into hand luggage

- Are there any restrictions on hairdryers? - there are hairdryers in the cabin

- Do we need to book Afternoon tea? - no

- Do we need to inform Waldorf staff if we are eating in Marco’s instead? - no

- Is the Fusion restaurant worth the extra charge? - not tried it but many say its very good

- Can we take our own water on board? - see above but water in cabins is drinkable and also freely available in the buffet

hope that helps

Nottingham
Level Contributor
101 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CMV Marco Polo Queries

Ok, that's really helpful, thanks! I had tried looking for a Marco Polo thread but the search function on here is useless!

Reply to: CMV Marco Polo Queries
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;