We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices f drinks on Sapphire princess

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Prices f drinks on Sapphire princess

Hi,

My elderly in-laws are going on a cruise on the Sapphire in July for 2 weeks. They’ve been offered a chance to purchase a drinks package, but they not sure whether it’s worthwhile or if it’s just better buying your drinks? So essentially what I’m asking is is anybody able to roughly tell me the price of wine, beer, whiskey and gin?

TIA

4 replies to this topic
St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,636 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices f drinks on Sapphire princess

Virtually all alcoholic beverages are $10 and under, with most of those in the $7.95-9.95 range. There's a very few over that, a couple scotches that run $12-20, a few wines by the glass in then $11-18 range, etc.

If your parents (or one parent) drinks, on average, 5-7 alcoholic beverages a day plus a couple nonalcoholic beverages (soda, maybe a latte or mocha, bottle of water, or such) a drink package may be worth it for them. If it's a port intensive itinerary, it's likely not worthwhile.

One thing they could do instead would be to gift themselves onboard credit in the amount of the drink package. Then they could drink as they wish - and if they spend less than what they gifted these, they get a refund, while with the package, use it or lose it..

Or just pay as they go for any extra drinks - lots of people do it this way and it works best for them..

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
329 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prices f drinks on Sapphire princess

That's a great idea reedprincess about gifting yourself the drink package amount as OBC. I might do that next time. I have found that if you are mainly a beer drinker like me then the drinks package is definitely not worth it.

Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Geelong, Great Ocean Road
Level Contributor
7,529 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prices f drinks on Sapphire princess

We completed a cruise into the Western Med on the Sapphire last month. The drink package was available for purchase @$59USD/person/per day there were 6 ports on that itinerary with 3 of them on consecutive days.

There was no way would we have been able to drink that much booze on the ship and just bought drinks as we needed to, I very much like the suggestion of gifting yourself OBC to spend on board as any remainder would be refunded when you disembark.

We were very impressed with the Sapphire as she is in great condition - enjoy your cruise.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
67,832 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prices f drinks on Sapphire princess

Giving yourselves OBC to spend as you wish is a fantastic idea. I think we might do that for our next cruise. I've lost the habit of drinking since I had a medical issue last year, and although I've tried the odd tipple since I have found I don't really enjoy it now.

However, there's always the posisbility that a cruise ship, the sea air etc will bring my taste for alcohol back, so I'm happy to hedge my bets rather than commit myself to a drinks package that could easily turn out to be a complete waste of money.

Reply to: Prices f drinks on Sapphire princess
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted