We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carry on water or soda guidelines

WashDC
5 posts
Save Topic
Carry on water or soda guidelines

We are traveling on the Equinox from Miami in September. Has anyone had experience carrying on a case of bottled, unopened SODA or WATER?

Thank you all!

12 replies to this topic
St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,521 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carry on water or soda guidelines

Yes, you can bring a personal reasonable amount of water and soda onboard if you like. Keep in mind, ship's water is perfectly clean and safe, likely cleaner than bottled water (which mostly comes from municipal water sources) - so much easier, and friendlier to the environment to bring a reusable water bottle and fill up with the water you've already paid for. FWIW.

Chatham, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Cruises
Level Contributor
5,800 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carry on water or soda guidelines

I totally agree with Reed Princess about water.

However, Celebrity serves Coke products and I drink Pepsi.

It's inconvenient to carry aboard soda by hand (instead of slapping a luggage tag on the case) but I do so, to avoid my soda exploding and fouling someone else's luggage and/or clothing. Please consider doing the same.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
66,947 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carry on water or soda guidelines

We've taken soda and water aboard occasionally, but often we just think it's too much hassle. We usually have at least a soda card and cans of pop/bottles of water are heavy!

I prefer Pepsi too, but I will drink Coke stuff if that's all there is. My wife prefers Coke, but she will also drink Pepsi!

WashDC
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Carry on water or soda guidelines

Thank you for those thoughts!

WashDC
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Carry on water or soda guidelines

Thank you :)

WashDC
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Carry on water or soda guidelines

Thank you all for your thoughts.

Celebrities policy on the subject of soda is not addressed in their client documents, according to their representative I spoke to.

I guess I'll find out!

I agree carrying a refillable waterbottle makes the most sense.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,521 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Carry on water or soda guidelines

It's not addressed as its not prohibited. You can certainly bring a personal reasonable amount of soda onboard with you at embarkation, and additional in ports.

Soda is available onboard, of course, although limited types..

Kent
Level Contributor
741 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Carry on water or soda guidelines

Unless you can read and understand the labels in water (as opppsed to soda or fizzy pop as my mother called it) carrying on water is a huge waste of effort and probably expense.

Most of the analyses on water are on inorganic solids and to the nearest 1ppm - useless as regards insecticides fungicides and herbicides as well as heavy metals and almost anything else you might want to avoid.

I’d want reduced nitrates on my water - mainly because is a (poor) proxy for cow poo - but there is no analysis I’ve ever seen that gives anything better.

Mark

Edited: 12 June 2018, 22:53
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
66,947 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Carry on water or soda guidelines

We have taken on cans of pop in the past, but we don't really do it any more. We never took more than a couple of cans each, though I'm sure we were on Celebrity once and took a 2 litre bottle with us.

WashDC
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Carry on water or soda guidelines

Thank you all for your thoughts....:)

I was specifically interested in personal recent experience with an UNOPENED CASE OF SODA boarding

CELEBRITY in MIAMI.

Life's a gamble tho...right?

Reply to: Carry on water or soda guidelines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted