We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TUI Flight to Ibiza - Boeing 737-800 (73H)

Chesterfield...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
TUI Flight to Ibiza - Boeing 737-800 (73H)

Hi,

We've booked to go to Ibiza on the TUI Airline in August.

Please can someone tell me whether the extra space seats, adj to the emergency exits at rows 15 and 16 have windows?

Customer services have given me different anwers. It's my son's first flight & he really wants a window. I've paid extra to book these seats, but was then told there was no window, then was told there is, they want another £160 to change the booking to a standard seat!

Help please! Thanks.

13 replies to this topic
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
39,468 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TUI Flight to Ibiza - Boeing 737-800 (73H)

Presumably he's over the age of 12 because he can't sit there if he's not. The windows are part of the over wing exit doors.

Chesterfield...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: TUI Flight to Ibiza - Boeing 737-800 (73H)

Thanks LeyLand10. Yes he's 12. The first customer service adviser told me he had to be 14 but now they've said 12 and the website says 12. Two advisors have told me there's no window & one told me there is (they keep passing me between different colleague as it's seems they don't know!). The last advisor told me very rudely to listen to him & ignore the others! charming. So there are windows but they are over the wings?

Has anyone sat there? is it ok? I just want his first ever flight to be good for him. Thanks.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
42,691 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TUI Flight to Ibiza - Boeing 737-800 (73H)

lotty,

This photo will confirm that is a window in each of the Extra Space over the wing seats on the 737-800 which are in rows 15&16.

http://oi65.tinypic.com/f9eh6a.jpg

Angie.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
39,468 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TUI Flight to Ibiza - Boeing 737-800 (73H)

Yes. The exits open over the wings and anyone sat next to the window is basically responsible for opening that door if/when they are told to do so.

You'll be able to see them at around 3.36 in this video and if you stop it at 4.06 you'll be able to see the exit door.

Chesterfield...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: TUI Flight to Ibiza - Boeing 737-800 (73H)

Thanks Angelina. LeyLand i can't see a video? You're both really helpful, I wish I'd tried here sooner instead of wasting time with TUI customer services! Thank-you for putting my mind at rest. I could have spent £££'s changing seats.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
9,720 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TUI Flight to Ibiza - Boeing 737-800 (73H)

If your son wants a view then the window seats over the wing or by EE are not so good. You only get a view of the wing.

Chesterfield...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: TUI Flight to Ibiza - Boeing 737-800 (73H)

Thanks Smudge99, I know, but at least he will be able to see out. Customer services told me it would be a solid door.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
39,468 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TUI Flight to Ibiza - Boeing 737-800 (73H)

lotty that'll be because I didn't post the link - doh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsZbMajWylg

Chesterfield...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: TUI Flight to Ibiza - Boeing 737-800 (73H)

Thanks LeyLand10, I'm now reassured it will be ok. I'm so glad I didn't pay again to change seats!

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
5,771 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TUI Flight to Ibiza - Boeing 737-800 (73H)

"Customer services told me it would be a solid door."

Shows how much TUI customer services know about their own product. An emergency exit door on an aircraft has to have a window - though some only have small ones - because in the event of the very emergency the door is there for, the person opening it needs to be able to check that it isn't either opening into the middle of a fire or underwater. In the case of Boeing 737s, the overwing exit row has normal size windows. However on a flight to Ibiza in normal European weather, there is little to see as for much of the journey he'll be looking down on the tops of clouds!

Reply to: TUI Flight to Ibiza - Boeing 737-800 (73H)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted