We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July in Australia

2 posts
Save Topic
July in Australia

Hello everyone, I am going to Australia for almost one month ( June 25th to July 21). My flight stops at Melbourne and I don't know anything about this country and how to travel. I will like to meet people to travel with or some advises for this month!

Thanks for everything

8 replies to this topic
I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,478 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July in Australia

My find I learn a great many things by researching via guidebooks, websites, blogs, and Google Images.

Once you have a rough idea of where you're going to go and what you think you want to do post in the Australia specific forums. Perhaps the members there can give you some insight.

I truly believe itineraries are best created by one doing the research themselves.

Panama City, Panama
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: July in Australia

A nice way to learn how to get around a city when visiting for the first time, in my opinion, is by doing some tours with local guides. It helps you know some tips about the city, you can ask them recommendations about restaurants and places to visit, and perhaps meet other solo travellers.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July in Australia

Here’s a couple of sites to kick start your research:

https://www.australia.com/en

http://www.visitmelbourne.com/?isMobile=true

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
10,633 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: July in Australia

July is a good time to visit Queensland and the Gold Coast. The box jellyfish that make the sea dangerous in the Australian summer are not around in July.

IME, it is still sunny in Queensland during the Australian winter. Melbourne may be a bit chilly for summer clothes.

5. Re: July in Australia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2018, 19:08

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
32,535 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: July in Australia

Finding transfers and buses is all online. If you get stuck with that go to the Australia Forum.

Melbourn tends to have more fluctuation weather than further north.

Where are you from and where are you travelling to in Oz?

Coulsdon, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: July in Australia

Melbourne has bikes around the city you can use. It's a small fee, but if you return them within a certain time frame (when I did this a couple years ago it was like an hour though that may have changed) it was free. We just biked around the city all day parking them at the closest return point. Are you just staying in Melbourne? cuz the country's kinda big, and it can be daunting for someone to look over the first time. Just...do some research, and check how many hours it is between cities so you're a little more prepared.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: July in Australia

MEL is the capital of the State of Victoria. It will be mid winter and very cold with Rain and drizzle. You will need a good windproof warm coat. Victoria has some good railways and you can get to some country towns like Castlemaine, Bendigo and Ballarat by train. These towns are rich is history from the goldfield days in the 1860s. You could also do a day tour to see the Great Ocean Road ( GOR) There are snowfields a few hours away from MEL, with buses to get you there. Melb. is not really a pleasant place to visit in mid winter.

If you would like to see beaches and enjoy some warmer weather fly north to the state of Queensland, to Far North Queensland FNQ, which will be warm as it is tropical weather. There will be direct fights from MEL to Carins. You need to browse the Australia forums and get some ideas on where to go- they are under PACIFIC. The Australian forums are headed under each state. You need to do some research and make a plan for the month.

Reply to: July in Australia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;