We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food on the Sud Express from Hendaye to Lisbon

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Food on the Sud Express from Hendaye to Lisbon

Can anyone give me as many details as possible (examples for instance) of the food that's available in the bar on the Sud Express from Hendaye to Lisbon. I am contemplating taking my own food on board, but would prefer not to as this adds to my luggage. I have seen on a YouTube video a menu on the wall of the "voiture bar" but cannot actually read it. Also, what is the choice for drinks? I suspect that breakfast on the return journey from Lisbon will be the usual juice, bread and coffee, but if anyone knows different could they please let me know.

3 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
36,442 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food on the Sud Express from Hendaye to Lisbon

There's at least 1 photo on https://www.seat61.com/Portugal.htm#Lisbon (also of the bar but the menu isn't legible unless perhaps someone knows how to zoom in on the photo...).

Did you read https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12… ?

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food on the Sud Express from Hendaye to Lisbon

Yes, I've read the topic you mention and looked at man in seat 61's photo, but although there are various reports on food there are no specific menu details. I am hoping someone can give me a bit more help.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
228 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food on the Sud Express from Hendaye to Lisbon

It's actually quite good.

3 course dinner menu with a choice of fish or meat including a drink. I think that was €16.

Or just order off the menu. It's not expensive.

Hot and cold drinks plus an excellent vinho Verdi. Wine beers soft drinks etc.

Breakfast was juice croissants cheese ham if I recall.

Unless you have a very specific dietary requirements. Vegan for example. It will have everything you need for the trip.

Last time we traveled they don't take any cards. It's cash only. Take some euros or you will go hungry!

If you DM me I have some photos of the food plus a picture of the menu. It's changed since then but should give you an idea.

Reply to: Food on the Sud Express from Hendaye to Lisbon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;