We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip on I 70 in KS to CO to UT then 191, 160, 89 in AZ

Bowling Green...
6 posts
Save Topic
Road trip on I 70 in KS to CO to UT then 191, 160, 89 in AZ

My fiance and I will be leaving late Friday night to travel I 70 through Kansas, then I 70 through Colorado. We have already booked a room in Parachute, CO and we will be staying there on Saturday. We plan on waking up early on Sunday to drive closer to Sedona but want suggestions on places to see and things to do near Parachute and Moab, since we cannot check in at our Sedona resort until Monday. We plan to sight see around Colorado before making our way to Moab then down to Flagstaff. Any recommendations?

We will be spending 5 days in Sedona, we plan to hike, enjoy beer and wine and visit several other places. We are open to recommendations on things to do, sights to see and places to eat.

Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
33,845 posts
496 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road trip on I 70 in KS to CO to UT then 191, 160, 89 in AZ

If you want things to do then do not stay in Parachute but look at Glenwood Springs area. Lots to do there and then south of there is Aspen which is lovely and has Maroon Bells.

Moab has Arches NP. If this is a holiday weekend it will be super crowded.

I 70 itself in CO is scenic but flat and boring as heck in KS and MO.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road trip on I 70 in KS to CO to UT then 191, 160, 89 in AZ

So you just have one night between Parachute and Sedona? You best look at a place to stay about halfway in between the two places. Bluff Utah fits that bill. You could do a quick drive through of Arches on the way.

You should post on the Arizona forum to get specific help on things to do in Sedona AZ.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
33,845 posts
496 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road trip on I 70 in KS to CO to UT then 191, 160, 89 in AZ

Yes agree with Connie please post on both UT and AZ forums. The locals can give you the very best info.

Tacoma, Washington
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
11,006 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Road trip on I 70 in KS to CO to UT then 191, 160, 89 in AZ

For a stop look at moab, monticello,monument valley. If you go colirDo you could go iurzy to durango to corte,.

Bowling Green...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Road trip on I 70 in KS to CO to UT then 191, 160, 89 in AZ

Thank you all, I posted in several forums.

Reply to: Road trip on I 70 in KS to CO to UT then 191, 160, 89 in AZ
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted