We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scenic sites & Fun things to do

1 post
Save Topic
Scenic sites & Fun things to do

Hoping to get information on a road trip from GA. to AZ. in August no real time restrictions.

5 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
16,962 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scenic sites & Fun things to do

You should have added those locations in the title post. Helps the people that know the area to click on your post. Also where in Ga? And what are your interests. Have you looked at Google maps or map quest to see optional routes, mileage and are they any stops that are a must do for you?

One option would be to head to the panhandle of Florida, take I-10, visit Panama City Beach, Pensacola, then over in Mississippi exit I-10 and head over to Hwy 90, take it from Biloxi to Bay St. Louis then head over to New Orleans for a couple of nights. I cant help with the further west or north routes as we typically fly out that way but others will be along soon. Please add more info so they can help.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scenic sites & Fun things to do

personally, I put a start and finish on a map, then look to see what is of interest to me along the way. I research the towns on the route and any state and/or national park on the map close to the route.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
18,131 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scenic sites & Fun things to do

We need a bit more information from you. How much time do you have for this trip? Is it a round trip? When are you planning on traveling? Other than driving from Georgia to Arizona, what is the purpose of the trip? Where in Arizona are you going? It's a big state. Who will be traveling with you?

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
18,759 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scenic sites & Fun things to do

I like this for mostly odd stuff...

https://www.roadsideamerica.com/

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
24,156 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scenic sites & Fun things to do

Perhaps some more info might elicit some actual suggestions. I only read this topic to find Dez had beaten me to the link I was going to provide!

SWT

Reply to: Scenic sites & Fun things to do
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted