We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Maui ne please

barnsley
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on Maui ne please

Hi all would love a bit of advice on what to expect from muni ne. We have never been to Vietnam but have travelled quite a lot in Thailand and India . Just general info such as night life food cost would be great .

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,431 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Maui ne please

Spelt Mui Ne. It depends of you are going to the real Mui Ne which is a bit north of Phan Thiet ,or just Phan Thiet.

I went to the real Mui Ne and there seemed to be plenty of nightlife , but I didn't bother as my GF is not into that.

Food costs are much the same all over Vietnam. You can pay about 50000 dong for a bowl of noodles and a drink and a fairly large lunch of local foods and 2 beers might be around 200000.

There is a couple of Phan Thiet/Mui Ne experts here so they may be along soon.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,587 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Maui ne please

Mui Ne is advertised as the tourist beach spot of Phan Thiet. It is incorrect. The reals activity centre is Ham Tien where you will find the usual wardrobe of accommodation (mostly beachfront) restaurants and bars etc. Having said that Mui Ne itself is a separate ward of Phan Thiet and has a few larger destination type Resorts and restaurants but nowhere near the level of Ham Tien. From Mui Ne there is a public bus and most Resorts have a shuttle to bring guests back into Ham Tien. The distance between the 2 is around 10 kms.

This area is known for water sports and is one of the best kite-surfing places in SE Asia.

Cheers Ross

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on Maui ne please

The two things that I really like about "Mui Ne" is the kiteboarding and the relaxed atmosphere.

Doesnt matter where you stay as buses run the strip all day, taxis are cheap enough. I like to stay in Ham Tien within walking distance of Joes bar so I can enjoy a cool drink and listen to some live music.

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on Maui ne please

Since you'be been through Thailand, I would guess that you have been to Patong. Ham Tien has kind of the same feel as Patong, but it is spread out along a ten kilometer-long beach, rather than all in one small beach. Phu Hai, the ward between the city center and Ham Tien is like the rest of Phuket, i.e. - a number of resorts with their own coves and small beaches. Mui Ne is not as developed for tourists as Ham Tien, but the resorts on Ganh Beach in Mui Ne are adjacent to a town, so there is more of a local feel. If you want to go to restaurants and cafes full of locals, rather than just tourists, this is the place to stay.

The night life is pretty much all centered in Ham Tien, but not in one area. The beach bars are spread along about five of the ten kilometer-long beach. I would start at Joes for some live music and maybe dinner, then head to the disco beach bars. From west to east, they are VKS, Sankara, Dragon Beach, Pogo and Kingston (Reggae music). The most popular is Dragon Beach, so I would bar hop to the others after leaving Joes at around 9 and then end up at Dragon Beach after midnight.

The food cost in Ham Tien can vary from about US $5.00 to US $20 for dinner. Being more for locals, the restaurants in Mui Ne tend to be a bit less expensive than those in Ham Tien, but Ham Tien has a much better variety.

Edited: 20 May 2016, 11:07
5. Re: Advice on Maui ne please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2017, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Mui Ne