We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wenchang - Sanya - Haikou

Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
6 helpful votes
Wenchang - Sanya - Haikou

Hi!

I am planning a trip to Hainan Island this coming Dec. Would be a great help if I could get some answers from this community. We are not taking any tour as it might be too stressful for my 81yo dad having the need to start early and end late. Prefer a flexible itinerary. So tentatively, I am looking at this:

Day 1: Plan to arrive in Haikou by 1600hr and proceed to Wenchang (by high-speed train) from the airport. ETA 1800hr

Day 2: Ancestral village and other places of interest

Day 3: Free & easy, depart for Sanya (by high-speed train) after lunch, check-in, free & easy

Day 4: Free & easy (Nanshan Buddhist Cultural Centre or do it on Day 5)

Day 5: Free & easy

Day 6: Depart for Haikou (by high-speed train) after check-out, free & easy

Day 7: Free & easy

Day 8: Free & easy

Day 9: Free & easy in the morning, check out & head to airport at 1200hr

Would love your recommendation for reasonably good accommodation in these 3 cities, within walking distance to the main attractions in city centers, street food, etc. Other helpful advice/suggestion for better planning is also welcome!

Thank you!

2 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
634 posts
1. Re: Wenchang - Sanya - Haikou

I always go to trip.com (previously ctrip) read the reviews, look at the map then pick the hotel. I have been doing this for the past few years and so far so good, satisfied with all of my selections. 95% of the hotels are less than RMB400 per night. You can narrow down your search by ticking the location you prefer.

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Wenchang - Sanya - Haikou

Thank you for the suggestion!😊 Will check the website for accommodation.👍

Reply to: Wenchang - Sanya - Haikou
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wenchang