We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Tokyo to Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip from Tokyo to Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route

Will appreciate advices if this is feasible.

I had read up the alpine website and refered to their timetables.

They have advice 6 - 8 hrs from Tateyama to Ogizawa but I can only spare 5 - 6 hrs.

alpen-route.com/en/…timetable01.pdf

Using JR East Pass, travelling on a Sat in June.

From Shibuya to Toyama, reach Toyama at 1015am, catch the rail from Tentetsu Toyama at 1037am and reach Tateyama Stn at 1131am

Complete whole alpine trip and reach Ogizawa by 5.55pm. Catch last bus to Shinano-Omachi and then train back to Shibuya.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
737 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip from Tokyo to Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route

It's bit rush but it sounds feasible to me.

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
6,669 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip from Tokyo to Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route

If the train schedule says it can be done, then it can be done. It sounds like you'll just be riding the trains all day.

FYI, if you leave Shibuya at 5:25 am and catch the 6:40 ANA to Toyama, you can be in Tateyama at 9:59 am. Otherwise if you catch the 6:25 train and transfer as suggested, you'll be there at 11:33. Either way, plan on at least 5 hours for transportation from Shibuya -- one way.

Be sure to check the train website for the right trains. Unclick airplane if you want only trains.

www.hyperdia.com

Personally, I would go when I have more time. You won't have any time to walk around and breathe the fresh air!

3. Re: Day trip from Tokyo to Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2014, 13:18