We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day in Yatsushiro....

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
169 posts
58 reviews
58 helpful votes
1 day in Yatsushiro....
Save

Hi,

We arrive by cruise ship and just have 1 day in Yatsushiro 15 October 2017. Any suggestions of what would be easy to see and do during our one day there? We would like to visit the Momigi suspension bridge if possible.

We've tried to find tours to explore Yatsushiro but haven't been able to come up with any. How difficult is it to get around by public transport? We are quite adventurous but, of course, have no ability to speak any Japanese.

2 replies to this topic
Fukuoka, Japan
Destination Expert
for Fukuoka, Kyushu, Rugby World Cup, Olympics
Level Contributor
12,221 posts
4,980 reviews
1,694 helpful votes
1. Re: 1 day in Yatsushiro....
Save

Other than the castle area, I can't think of good tourist attractions that can be reached by public transportation. There're famous places, the bridge you mention and Gokanosho, but they are driving oriented. Hinagu Onsen is within a day trip range by train, but the time you need to spend in train is similar to that you spend when you go to Kumamoto.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
169 posts
58 reviews
58 helpful votes
2. Re: 1 day in Yatsushiro....
Save

Thank you ETflyer for you quick response.

Is the bridge close enough to take a taxi to without being too expensive? Do you know if there will be taxis waiting at the port as the passengers disembark from the ship......and how likely is it that any of these taxi drivers could speak English?

If we decided to take the train to Kumamoto instead, how easy is it to get to the train station and would be need to pre-book our ticket on the train?

Any help and advice you can give me would be very much appreciated.

We have been to Japan before as my husband needed training there mainly in Tokyo although my husband has explored most of Japan by train by himself ..... but neither of us have been to this part of Japan so we are very much looking forward to it.

Reply to: 1 day in Yatsushiro....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yatsushiro
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.