We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving to Togian without sleeping place

Madrid, Spain
1 post
1 review
Arriving to Togian without sleeping place
Save

Hi all,

We re going to Togian Islands from the south of sulawesi. As we don't know the arriving day we hd thought in not booking anything. The problem is that there are not many places.

Do you think that it's a good idea or your advice is to book before. In that case, which places do you recomend?

Thanks in advance,

Javi

4 replies to this topic
2 posts
1. Re: Arriving to Togian without sleeping place
Save

Hi, I’m in the same situation, will be there this August sometime. What was your experience?

Sulawesi, Indonesia
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Arriving to Togian without sleeping place
Save

Of course you have book at advance.that is the high toirist season

Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Arriving to Togian without sleeping place
Save

If you go to Malenge Island from now (July 16, 2018) and can stay for 3 weeks continuously, our house and a guest hut are available for free while we are in Jakarta for my eye operation. You can see the pictures of our bay and beach at my posting (looking for house-sitters) in my facebook (Ating Solihin). I will be offline again within 7 hours. Therefore please go there directly (how to get there described in the posting) if you are not able to reply this posting.

2 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Arriving to Togian without sleeping place
Save

Hi.

Same for us! Arrived in Wakai we found a guy offering us a camping tour of 3 days (u can adapt ofc) with his boat. It WAS THE BEST PART OF MY ALL TRIP! We slept on beaches, cooking on firecamp snorkeling all day long, chilling with a bintang or a fresh coconut with the sunset. I do think it the best option because we changed all the time of spots, we visited hips of beaches (I assume it cost a lot with a resort to do it) and were quite alone, deeply immersed. We found 3 others people, so with the 2 of us, the 3 and the 2guides, we were 7 on the boat and it was totally perfect!

I do advise such a trip

You can ask for Tommy when you arrive in wakai (everybody knows him) or call him before +625657359629

Best trip ever

Reply to: Arriving to Togian without sleeping place
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Togian Islands
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.