We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free place (Jul - Aug 2018) on Malenge Island, Togians

Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
Free place (Jul - Aug 2018) on Malenge Island, Togians
Save

It is a tourist season now in Togian Islands. A French family of five had no place to stay in the resorts around our bay (Malenge Island) last week and came to our home and stayed with us. Our home is not a resort but people can stay with us if they have no place to stay. In fact, we are looking for people to stay in our house (with a guest hut) because I am going to have an eye operation in Jakarta and stay there for three weeks. It is free. What we ask them is only to take care of our two little dogs (a Pomeranian and a German sausage dog). See my posting at my facebook account (Ating Solihin) for photos and how to get there. I will be offline soon so that I cannot reply it you reply this post within six hours. Just go there and meet us.

I hope TripAdvisor management doesn't mind with this posting (not a question). Thanks.

3 replies to this topic
Marlborough, UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
16 helpful votes
1. Re: Free place (Jul - Aug 2018) on Malenge Island, Togians
Save

I imagine you'll be back and recuperating by the 18th but am coming out with my family (5 of us) on (I hope) the 19th August and looking to stay for a week. Have a dog myself (but won't be with us). Let me know if there's any possible overlap... all the best, Jack

2 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Free place (Jul - Aug 2018) on Malenge Island, Togians
Save

TripAdvisor for Android

(566,981)‎

Install

Emma

View profile

My trips

Recently viewed

Bookings

Inbox

More

Help Center

Settings

Sign out

Forum / Sulawesi / Central Sulawesi / Togian Islands

Arriving to Togian without sleeping place

Javirete · 1 forum post

Madrid, Spain

Aug 1, 2017, 6:41 PM

Hi all,

We re going to Togian Islands from the south of sulawesi. As we don't know the arriving day we hd thought in not booking anything. The problem is that there are not many places.

Do you think that it's a good idea or your advice is to book before. In that case, which places do you recomend?

Thanks in advance,

Javi

Top things to do in Togian Islands(8)

See all

Bomba Divers

Bomba Divers

46 Reviews

Scuba & Snorkeling

Kepulauan Togean Nasional Park

Kepulauan Togean Nasional Park

67 Reviews

National Parks

Togean Adventures

Togean Adventures

20 Reviews

Scuba & Snorkeling

Papan Island

Papan Island

13 Reviews

Islands

4 replies

Sort by:

Michael E · Jun 22, 2018, 2:36 PM

· 2 forum posts

#1 of 4 ·

Hi, I’m in the same situation, will be there this August sometime. What was your experience?

TORAYAINDAH · Jun 24, 2018, 7:17 AM

Sulawesi, Indonesia · 30 forum posts

#2 of 4 ·

Of course you have book at advance.that is the high toirist season

Ating S · Jul 16, 2018, 9:11 AM

· 2 forum posts

#3 of 4 ·

If you go to Malenge Island from now (July 16, 2018) and can stay for 3 weeks continuously, our house and a guest hut are available for free while we are in Jakarta for my eye operation. You can see the pictures of our bay and beach at my posting (looking for house-sitters) in my facebook (Ating Solihin). I will be offline again within 7 hours. Therefore please go there directly (how to get there described in the posting) if you are not able to reply this posting.

Emma R · Aug 17, 2018, 7:13 AM

· 1 forum post

#4 of 4 ·

Hi.

Same for us! Arrived in Wakai we found a guy offering us a camping tour of 3 days (u can adapt ofc) with his boat. It WAS THE BEST PART OF MY ALL TRIP! We slept on beaches, cooking on firecamp snorkeling all day long, chilling with a bintang or a fresh coconut with the sunset. I do think it the best option because we changed all the time of spots, we visited hips of beaches (I assume it cost a lot with a resort to do it) and were quite alone, deeply immersed. We found 3 others people, so with the 2 of us, the 3 and the 2guides, we were 7 on the boat and it was totally perfect!

I do advise such a trip

You can ask for Tommy when you arrive in wakai (everybody knows him) or call him before +625657359629

Best trip ever

Vallejo, California
Level Contributor
9 posts
35 reviews
19 helpful votes
3. Re: Free place (Jul - Aug 2018) on Malenge Island, Togians
Save

I am a personal friend of Dr Ating Solihin who last year offered his place for free on Malenge. I have known him for over 30 years and he is the real deal. Honest, ethical and kind. Just wanted to add my personal "character reference" for Ating. I'll be traveling to see him and his family Oct, 2019.

Edited: 3 years ago
Reply to: Free place (Jul - Aug 2018) on Malenge Island, Togians
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Togian Islands
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.