We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Gorontalo to Togian Islands

Cordoba, Spain
6 posts
From Gorontalo to Togian Islands
Save

Hi everybody!

I would like to take a flight from Manado to Gorontalo, and the Lion Air flight arrives in Gorontalo at 16:10, I've seen ferries to the Togians (from Gorontalo) depart Tuesdays and Fridays, but I'm not sure about the schedule. I've seen 17:00, 18:00 and 20:00. If my flight arrives at 16:10 in Gorontalo, do you think I can expect having time to go from the airport to the port to take the ferry to the Togians at 17:00 or 18:00?? (I'd like to avoid spending a night in Gorontalo, 30 days visa is too short!).

If anyone knows the departure time of the Gorontalo-Togians ferry, I'd be very grateful to know, so that I can buy the right flight?

Thank you so much for your help!!

7 replies to this topic
Raja Ampat...
Level Contributor
465 posts
12 reviews
6 helpful votes
1. Re: From Gorontalo to Togian Islands
Save

Hi,

According to this,official goverment's site of indonesia ferry,KM Tuna Tomini departs from Gorontalo to Wakai in Togean at 18.30 in the evening every tuesday and friday :

http://www.indonesiaferry.co.id/id/jadwalkapal/detail/16

But the problem is, the schedule often changed without any notification before sometimes due to the weather. Sometimes sooner or later than 18.30. And because its only twice per day, im afraid about the availability of the tickets. Last time when we went to togean, we already arrived at the port at 4pm,and we also already got our tickets in the morning just to make sure we got executive class tickets. Cause there is no way i would spend 12 hours in the ferry on the sea in economy class. Eventhough people there said ferry departs at 5pm and official site said at 6.30pm, the fact was ferry departed at 8pm at that moment. Lol

If i were you, i would take the sooner flight from manado to gorontalo, or from makassar to gorontalo if there is one. You will have enough time to collect luggage,get the car to take you to port,probably some lunch first even,and also to get peace of mind.

Edited: 6 years ago
Cordoba, Spain
6 posts
2. Re: From Gorontalo to Togian Islands
Save

Thanks a lot Evatad! I'll take your recommendation into account.

If anybody else has tried this before, I'd appreciate any comments! :)

Indonesia
1 post
3. Re: From Gorontalo to Togian Islands
Save

Hi Zadia, it is definitely possible as our ferry departed at (1900hrs) the last time I was there.

But Indonesia is notorious for 'rubber time' - this is to say, they don't always stick to their schedules. But I would say 1610hrs is generally quite safe as I don't think they will depart any earlier than 1700hrs.

Cordoba, Spain
6 posts
4. Re: From Gorontalo to Togian Islands
Save

Thanks for your reply, Simon!

1 post
2 reviews
5. Re: From Gorontalo to Togian Islands
Save

I am planning on doing the same (arriving at 16.10 and then catching the ferry) and was wondering if it worked out for you?

Thanks for coming back to me :)

Bandung, Indonesia
1 post
6. Re: From Gorontalo to Togian Islands
Save

HI there,

I'd like to ask about the transportation from gorontalo airport to the departure tuna tomini ferry port (to wakai)

Thank you

7. Re: From Gorontalo to Togian Islands

This post has been removed at the author's request.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Reply to: From Gorontalo to Togian Islands
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Togian Islands
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.