We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from airport

Romford Essex
Level Contributor
235 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
travel from airport

can someone tell me approx how long transfer would take from airport and cost in taxi?

Also we want to go on to phi phi can anyone tell me how far away is the pier and approx how long ferry takes?

4 replies to this topic
Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
169 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel from airport

Airport taxi transfer 1000 baht approx , 45 min / 1 hour. Pier to Koh Phi Phi ,30 / 40 mins depending on traffic, Ferry takes 2 hrs approx

Romford Essex
Level Contributor
235 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel from airport

Thanks, any thoughts anyone where else we could stay in Phuket ( not seedy) that would be nearer to airport and pier?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
414 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel from airport

Hi Gill,

Standard taxi will cost you 1000 baht to enter Karon. I highly recommend taking a private car through the company SRC travel. I took them there and back. They charge a flat rate of 700 baht each way. They were amazing and showed up on time both times. They also get your address in advance so that they know where to take you whereas I heard cabs in Phuket have a hard time with direction.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: travel from airport

Yes, taxi costs roughly 1000 Baht and travel times take about 1 hour.

You may check the ferry times to Phi Phi and fees here www.phuketferry.com It is the website that I always use as they have the cheapest ferry prices and are partnered with reliable ferry companies.

Chaba Resort is affordable and decent but there are plenty of good hotels near the airport, depending on your budget.

Reply to: travel from airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Karon Beach
Recent Conversations