We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
weather

i know this has been asked loads of times but i am flying out on sunday and its just saying rain, rain and more rain, will it rain all day i'm slightly worrying now not sure what to expect.

sorry if it is a boring question

thanks

nicola

16 replies to this topic
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

We fly out on Saturday and I came in here to ask the same question!

It makes no sense - 2 weeks of cloudy days predicted when there are supposed to be an average of 9 hours sunshine in April.

I'll be hooked to that webcam over the next few days.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

glad i'm not the only one worrying my husband is looking at me like i'm mad, but i need a bit of reassurance of sun! i need it on my bones !!!

hopefully someone will tell us its all ok otherwise im with you on the webcams :)

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,372 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

Please check out this thread which is pinned to the top of the Thailand forum!

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

It will be very hot, any rain will likely be very welcomed to cool things down a bit.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

Thankyou i know people hate this question but looking at the weather sites does turn you mad, so nice to hear off people who are actually there also x

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

Hi Nicola

My husband is usually quite chilled out about forecasts (he's Kiwi and knows about island weather anomalies) but even he is worried. We went to Sri Lanka this time last year and the iphone forecasts looked like Phuket next week, but when you looked at detailed forecasts it looked better. And we about 5 hours rain in 17 days! I've searched for good Phuket forecasts. About to email my friend who has a timeshare there!

See this as well:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g137…

I'm being obsessive because we only booked this holiday because we had unseasonably bad weather in Morocco last Oct half term!

Where are you staying on Karon Beach? We're at the Novotel.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
237 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather

We are staying in Kamala from next Friday for 16nights not too fussed about weather forecasts, best bet is to just take it as it comes.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather

were staying in the centara from sunday ! i wish i was as relaxed as to say just take as it comes but i want sun on my bones, i'm sure we will get it and it will be hot otherwise you will hear me moaning from your hotel ;) .

I am so looking forward to getting away i am sure it will be fab, I have been to other parts of thiland but never in april fingers crossed for us x

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: weather

This is how it looks for the next couple of days:

thephuketnews.com/…QW4qPaIs58LtQyfs.97

Level Contributor
496 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather

It's been a very very wet period in Thailand over the past few months. I was there last October and it was shocking. I've booked another trip for this May to make up for the disaster in October. I hope it clears up by then.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
142 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather

April is the hottest month and its always hot humid and sunny.. I go every year in April you will be fine.. Anyway you in Thailand on holidays who cares! your not at work. Cocktails taste the same rain hail or shine! enjoy!

Reply to: weather
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Karon Beach
Recent Conversations