We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach shacks around O Pescador

chennai
Level Contributor
582 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
beach shacks around O Pescador

Hello! We are three families with kids who would be holiday at O Pescador in the beginning of September. We are looking at strict R&R (no sightseeing planned) but still, we don't want to be confined indoors all four days.... is this hotel totally isolated, or is there nice "goan village" like streets nearby to walk and gawk in the mornings, and some small shops to buy souvenirs? Will the beach shacks be open in Sept, will there be water sports in the jetty? Or will we be having all our meals and entertainment inside the hotel? Some advice would be great... Thanks in advance!

2 replies to this topic
Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach shacks around O Pescador

I've never stayed at O Pescador but have often visited Dona Paula during the main tourist season. It is a bit away from the tourist areas and it doesn't, from memory, have beach shacks and water sports. I doubt they would be up and running in September anyway. In the season the jetty does have lots of stalls set up, but again not sure if they will be in operation when you are there. For your "walk and gawk" I would suggest you go in to Panjim and have a wander around the old Portuguese area of Fontainhas, it's well worth a look.

chennai
Level Contributor
582 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach shacks around O Pescador

That's very helpful, thank you Allymeg :)

Reply to: beach shacks around O Pescador
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dona Paula