We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cidade de goa

Sleaford, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
cidade de goa

can anyone tell me is this hotel isolated or are there shops bars etc nearby. Thank you.

6 replies to this topic
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cidade de goa

Very isolated. Miles from anywhere. About two tiny low end bars/restaurants near the gate, not worth going to.

Not a great resort either. The property is compact and nice but the beach is all of about 100 metres facing the harbour where tankers clean their hulls, resulting in black tar deposits on the beach. The brochures would not mention this of course.

I have a review from 2010 I think.

-JG

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cidade de goa

Very isolated. Miles from anywhere. About two tiny low end bars/restaurants near the gate, not worth going to.

Not a great resort either. The property is compact and nice but the beach is all of about 100 metres facing the harbour where tankers clean their hulls, resulting in black tar deposits on the beach. The brochures would not mention this of course.

The food is horrid, as well.

I have a review from 2010 I think.

-JG

East Ayrshire...
Level Contributor
1,252 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cidade de goa

We had a delay in flight and spent 24 hours in this hotel as a stopover,it was the only time I fell ill, and the food was awful and tasteless. The hotel was in the middle of no where,really wouldn't recommend this they also tried to charge us for drinks we didn't have.

Edited: 11 August 2014, 05:06
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
320 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cidade de goa

We have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions - the staff are fantastic especially Sanjiv - the service and food are excellent. I would agree that the hotel is rather isolated

Sleaford, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cidade de goa

Thank you everyone. If you know any good hotels preferably on/by a beach could you let me know. We have stayed at the Dona Sylvia in south Goa and loved it but would like to try somewhere different.

Somerset England
Level Contributor
398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cidade de goa

The O'pescador in donna paula is very nice. A short taxi or bus into panjim will provide endless restaurants

Reply to: cidade de goa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dona Paula