We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Superior room or suite at Riu??

Carlisle...
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
Superior room or suite at Riu??

Has anyone stayed at the Riu in either a superior room or a suite? Is it worth it to upgrade to the suite?

13 replies to this topic
Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Superior room or suite at Riu??

I just got back from the Riu on Saturday. Our room was not a suite so I'm guessing a superior. We book an oceanview so we faced the ocean directly but i would say most rooms have some type of ocenview especially the higher you go. Getting a suite would depend on how much room you want and how much time you plan to stay in it. Our room was a good size, big bathroom (double sink). King bed two chairs, which we never sat in and a flat screen tv which was on for about 20 minutes total. We spent our time in the bed, shower or baloney. I'd compare the size of the room slightly bigger than a hotel room.

Hope I helped a little....mike

illinois
Level Contributor
177 posts
148 reviews
2. Re: Superior room or suite at Riu??

I don't know how the rooms are here but at the other RIU"S we stayed at the Superior rooms viewed the fountains which were inside of the U shape. But these were at RIU Palace.

Never stayed in a suite at them.

We usually want upper floors and quiet area.

Does anyone know what the email address for the RIU Guanacaste?

Always try to send something before we arrive.

Thanks

chicago
Level Contributor
59 posts
3. Re: Superior room or suite at Riu??

we just returned yesterday we had a superior room ocenview very good view room 3035 over looking the pool and ocen on check in I asked about a suite and I think they said $92.00 per day per person so that stoped that there was a suite at the end of our floor that was being cleaned that was empty we looked it was much bigger seperate seating area raised sleeping area walk in closit large bath room with large shower big bath tub two balcanys very nice but not for that kind of $

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Superior room or suite at Riu??

I would advise to read up on the RIU on this forum before making a reservation.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: Superior room or suite at Riu??

I agree with GeckoesLodge - there are a couple of interesting discussions going on now.

Maryland
Level Contributor
27 posts
6. Re: Superior room or suite at Riu??

Personally I would never opt for a suite in any hotel just cause you spend so little time in there than the extra costs really don't make it worth it in my opinion.

I just stayed at 3 resorts in CR, one of them was in the RIU. Feel free to send me a message and I can explain to you the pros and cons at staying at the RIU vs staying somewhere else.

personal opinion to Hattie and Geckoes, let people do their own research, there is no need to post in a thread if you aren't directly responding to their question. I totally agree with your stance on the matter and if I wasn't forced to stay at the RIU, I probably would have changed my reservation and stayed elsewhere, I'll blame Hotwire for that.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
7. Re: Superior room or suite at Riu??

RobbnMD - we are pointing people to do their own research. If we say nothing, people will more than likely not look for the whole story. So we point people to the various pieces of information about the RIU and let them make up their own minds.

If you have "pros and cons" about staying at the 3 resorts you mentioned, why not just post the information here rather than do it through a private message? That way, everyone can benefit from your experience.

Maryland
Level Contributor
27 posts
8. Re: Superior room or suite at Riu??

I don't post it in this thread because that isn't what he asked and it may not be what he is interested in knowing.

If this person is set on Riu, than it isn't my place to try and pursuade them to change their mind

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
9. Re: Superior room or suite at Riu??

I am not trying to persuade anyone to change their mind. Just putting the information out there.

I understand why you didn't post in this thread in order to keep it on track. But maybe just start a new one "My Three Resorts in Costa Rica" or something like that. We want to know how your visit was for you.

Kenosha WI.
Level Contributor
939 posts
40 reviews
10. Re: Superior room or suite at Riu??

Lets get back to the OPs question I would like to know too

Reply to: Superior room or suite at Riu??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Carrillo