We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging near Playa Carrillo

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
227 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging near Playa Carrillo

Hello! I visited CR a few times years ago - and it appears that PC is similar to the natural CR I love. Can someone recommend lodging that is a 5-10 min. walk to the beach and restaurants. A pool would be nice. I'm hoping to pay about $100 per night for two people - give or take. Also - is there a good horseback riding place? Thank you!

15 replies to this topic
Saint Paul...
11 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Lodging near Playa Carrillo

We just got back from Carrillo and had an awesome time staying at Popo's Treehouse and is a 5 minute walk to the beach. Here's more info. on it //www.greentwisttravel.com/blog/

quebec canada
13 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Lodging near Playa Carrillo

I stayed at Casa Buenavista in Playa Carrillo for a week this past January. It's a beautiful little B+B that only has 2 private rooms located away from the main house. You can have your own room with a balcony or the room below with your own terrace. You are surrounded by beautiful gardens and the owners are very kind people. You are a 5 minute walk from the beautiful beach with the most amazing sunsets I've ever seen. The wildlife rescue center Hattie mentionned is right next door. There are good restaurants in town and Samara is 15-20 mins away by car. Some great pictures of Playa Carrillo and Casa Buenavista have been posted on tripadvisor or you can take a peek at www.samarabeach.com/casabuenavista PS : The price is less than $100 / day

Sámara, Guanacaste...
Level Contributor
114 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Lodging near Playa Carrillo

There are several options for accommodations in Carrillo and Samara for $100 or less:

- Samara Inn in Samara: www.hotelsamarainn.com/

- Hotel Belvedere in Samara: www.belvederesamara.net

- Samara Palm Lodge in Samara: www.samarapalmlodge.com

- El Colibri Hotel in Carrillo: www.cabinaselcolibri.com

- Entre Dos Aguas in Samara: www.hoteldosaguas.com/

- Rancho de la Playa in Samara: www.ranchodelaplaya.com

Hope this helps,

Rahway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
351 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Lodging near Playa Carrillo

Does Playa Carrillo have shops, restaurants, nightlife?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Lodging near Playa Carrillo

It does have shops, restaurants and a bit of nightlife - but not as much as nearby Playa Samara.

Reply to: Lodging near Playa Carrillo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted