We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 nights in playa carillo

Nyc
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
5 nights in playa carillo

Hello, this is my first time in this area. I have been to Santa Teresa before. Are there bike rentals and atv rentals in Carillo? Also any recommendations of places to see wildlife would be great!

5 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9,792 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 nights in playa carillo

The beach at Playa Carrillo is completely undeveloped and the town of Carrillo is up a steep hill at the far end of the beach. You can rent bikes in nearby Samara and explore the area. For wildlife hikes check out Samara Trails up in the hills overlooking the coast. http://samaratrails.com/ For lots more info on the Samara/Carrillo area check out the Samara Info Center at http://www.samarainfocenter.com/

Edited: 31 January 2016, 01:27
Nyc
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 nights in playa carillo

Thank you! So would you recommend Samara for food etc ?

Samara
Level Contributor
920 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 nights in playa carillo

Carrillo has a couple of really great restaurants like the Colibri Steakhouse and Hula Jungla for burgers and pizza, Samara has more options because it is a larger town.

Have Fun…Brenda Dragonne, Owner and Founder of the Info Center in Samara & Carrillo

Canada
Level Contributor
4,223 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 nights in playa carillo

I just toured a brand new property in Carrillo called Nammbu and it is beautiful. The restaurant has amazing views of the beach and sunset and is already getting great reviews.

Knowlton, Canada
Level Contributor
959 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 nights in playa carillo

Carillo beach is beautiful and often nearly deserted.

The town also has this very nice restaurant: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1096296-d19427…

Reply to: 5 nights in playa carillo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted