We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family excursions

Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Family excursions

In August, my extended family will be in Carrillo, GUANACASTE for about 10 days. Between us - there are 6 adults, 3 teenagers, and 4 children. We all enjoy hiking. Can anyone recommend must do/see things for us to do while we are there? Thanks so much for your help and suggestions!

Andy's Diving Costa Rica
Scuba & Snorkeling, Shark Diving, Dolphin & Whale Watching
Carrillo Adventures
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing
7 replies to this topic
New Providence, New...
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family excursions

You can take a tour to Playa Ostionall, do some kayak, Dont miss La Selva Wildlife Refuge & Zoo and a day tour to Monteverde hanging bridges.

Samara
Level Contributor
944 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family excursions

Are you going to the Municipality of Carrillo where the 4 Season's is or are you going to Carrillo Beach? Just want to make sure we are talking about the same place :)

Have Fun…Brenda Dragonne, Owner and Founder of the Info Center in Samara & Carrillo

nebraska
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family excursions

Regarding #1 Monteverde is not exactly a day trip from Playa Carrillo. In fact while you could do an overnight, I wouldn't go for less than 2 nights.

Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family excursions

We were next door in Samara. My teens loved the quad tour with Outback, ziplining with Wingnuts and surfing lessons. They spent most of their time playing beach volleyball.

Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family excursions

So- we are staying in a condo - and the email I had just said Carillo. I contacted them - and was told it's actually in Playa del Coco.

Samara
Level Contributor
944 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family excursions

Common mistake :) Glad we got that sorted. Playa Carrillo is about 2 hours from Playas del Coco which is part of the Municipality of Carrillo. : Have fun!

Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family excursions

Thank you! My family is super excited!

Reply to: Family excursions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted