We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eco Via closed !

Crolly, Ireland
Level Contributor
366 posts
28 reviews
Eco Via closed !

Sorry to say but the Eco Via between Cabanas and Tavira is now closed as the bridge has become even more dangerous than it was and the authorities have placed barriers at each end of the bridge.

143 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,826 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Eco Via closed !

Big blow that as there is no feasible alternative. Let's hope it is fixed over the winter.

Lyme Regis
Destination Expert
for Cabanas
Level Contributor
405 posts
323 reviews
2. Re: Eco Via closed !

yep it has been closed for a week now, however I have seen quite a few people with their bicycles lift them up over and continue.

Pretty daft really as underneath tis badly rotted and altho lisping to the side it is the rotten bands underneath that prompted the closure. They have done some work on it, but the man working on it said it would be some time!! whatever that means .

Tis a shame cos it was a good walk to the shops and the other way to the beach.

Level Contributor
88 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Eco Via closed !

Thanks for that info DA.

Otley, United...
Level Contributor
350 posts
19 reviews
4. Re: Eco Via closed !

gutted, coming out this thursday for our usual week chill out, and loved that walk, surely it is not a big job to put a pontoon style temp bridge across for the time being........sorry we are talking portugal, forget i mentioned it, oh well back to the bus to taviria, and more walks on the beach, glad to see the weather has picked up and looks good for our week out there, anything else we should know before Thursday????? many thanks

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,826 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Eco Via closed !

Safety barriers - it is common to see locals push them aside or ignore them completely. If you see people ignoring them then you can do so as well.

If the bridge is that unsafe, then cross at your own risk. I cannot quite remember if it feasible to walk across the adjacent railway bridge.

Otley, United...
Level Contributor
350 posts
19 reviews
6. Re: Eco Via closed !

cubsur rail line!! not sure that is wise either,but have to say if it has a foot path bit maybe an option, but from memory the end near taviria there is a bridge that is just basically sleepers on steel girders, not for me as you said at your own risk, from my point of view, the bus is looking safer :-)

Level Contributor
88 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: Eco Via closed !

Walking the 125 into Tavira is not a bad walk.

Lyme Regis
Destination Expert
for Cabanas
Level Contributor
405 posts
323 reviews
8. Re: Eco Via closed !

the road walk is not very pleasant, and can be a tad dangerous with the very fast close vehicles. By far better and safer to use train/bus other forms of transport until the bridge for walking is repaired.

Crolly, Ireland
Level Contributor
366 posts
28 reviews
9. Re: Eco Via closed !

The rail line is about twenty feet above the path Cabsur and not easily accessible, so the only walking / cycling alternative at present is the EN 125.

Level Contributor
88 posts
8 reviews
10. Re: Eco Via closed !

Apparently just up from the kitchen design shop on the 125 we have a resident "lady of the night"

Reply to: Eco Via closed !
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cabanas
Recent Conversations
More Cabanas Topics