We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eco Via closed !

Crolly, Ireland
Level Contributor
289 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Eco Via closed !

Sorry to say but the Eco Via between Cabanas and Tavira is now closed as the bridge has become even more dangerous than it was and the authorities have placed barriers at each end of the bridge.

Loja Praia-Mar
Gift & Speciality Shops
Em Sintonia
Kayaking & Canoeing, Bike Tours, Boat Tours, Equipment Hire
Kart Arrabida Recreios Turisticos
Game & Entertainment Centres
46 replies to this topic
Lyme Regis
Level Contributor
260 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Eco Via closed !

Fab mega thnx

the power of this bril site xxxx

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Eco Via closed !

I have had a response from the CM (Town Hall) - looks like it is hoped to be open again by the 'end of the second quarter 2018' by which I think they mean the end of June but will check and post again if necessary. Hope this helps - it certainly reassures us.

Edited: 19 January 2018, 05:47
Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Eco Via closed !

Thank you for the update, fingers crossed. Well done for persevering.

Lyme Regis
Level Contributor
260 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Eco Via closed !

thank you so much for the update. Shows how once we put our minds to it, this site those who can, help, and I for one, am so happy that people care, thank you xxxx

Crolly, Ireland
Level Contributor
289 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Eco Via closed !

Very well done Waltonsmiffs, it is great to know that they are planning to address the repair or replacement of this much used bridge even if it will be the second quarter of the year.

Otley, United...
Level Contributor
273 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Eco Via closed !

good for you walton, but you could go one step further........get some nails and a hammer and do it yourself :-)

thinking about it that may be quicker!!!!!

Crolly, Ireland
Level Contributor
289 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Eco Via closed !

In my opinion the steel framework is warped and the whole thing may need to be replaced.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Eco Via closed !

Thanks to WaltonSmiffs, I have also managed to raise a complaint via the link that I posted previously (#22). Not a difficult thing to do, (with a little help from Google Translate). Map to pinpoint the area of concern. Perhaps numbers will help, if anyone else feels able.

Acknowledgement received and will keep you posted.

Crolly, Ireland
Level Contributor
289 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Eco Via closed !

"It appears that all you need to register a complaint (apart from name and email address) is your NIF, to show that you are a citizen. We will keep you updated"

. Sorry what is an NIF and how does one get one?

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Eco Via closed !

It's is a tax identification number, Número de Indentificação Fiscal (NIF). All residents and non-resident foreigners with financial affairs in Portugal must obtain a fiscal number. Usually before buying property or even a car, opening a bank account etc.

Applications for an NIF number can be made by tourists or residents at the local Tax Office (finanças).

Reply to: Eco Via closed !
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cabanas
More Cabanas Topics