We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any alts to motorbikes- getting around

LA
Level Contributor
41 posts
any alts to motorbikes- getting around

So me n the fam will be there in july(low season). Ive no prob w motorbike (novice) but w 2 small kids thats out. Songthews seem non existant. Sure there is all day driver tours, n longer trips for 500-1500 bht or so. What if you want to go 3 miles down the road in the heat of the day for lunch or that nice beach over the hill n back.

Im scared we will be 'stuck' or have to pay 500bht for even the shortest drive.

Anybody have any advice?

yhx

4 replies to this topic
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,529 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: any alts to motorbikes- getting around

There are no alternatives really. Scooter or pick-up truck taxi. Supposedly the pick-up truck taxis will work on shared fares rather than private hire, the same as they supposedly do in Samui, but it's always a hassle to get the shared price rather than the taxi price.

LA
Level Contributor
41 posts
2. Re: any alts to motorbikes- getting around

Thanks for reply. What would be a sample shared fare for a mile or so down the road. I’m scared hotel taxis will charge 500 bht for even the shortest hop. My wife’s Thai so maybe she can get the shared rate. We are there in low season so that will make it even harder to find a ride.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,529 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: any alts to motorbikes- getting around

200 baht maybe. If sharing with other passengers 50 baht per person. I'm just guessing...

Edited: 02 April 2018, 01:30
Bovec, Slovenia
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
4. Re: any alts to motorbikes- getting around

Hi

We ve been in Ko kut last november with 1 year old and 5 year old moving a lot around - very expensive - finaly we get one guy who drove us every day around - many time just drop in one beach and pick up in late afternoon - realy not cheap compering to other places in Thailand - preapare to bargain hard - but it is only way if you like as us to enjoy so many different beaches and enjoy great seafood in fising villages. - more easier was ko Maak where we rented scooter and were able to move around all four on one motorbike - but ko kut is not a good idea for family with small kids and riding scooter as it has too much steep hills

Reply to: any alts to motorbikes- getting around
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ko Kut