We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safari - jeep or cantor

London, England
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
safari - jeep or cantor

I've just been told that the forest department have reduced the number of jeeps going into the park and taht we can only get a cantor for our trip on 23 and 24 December. Is this carrect? Is there anything we can do to try to secure a jeep? Pelase help - we are coming a long way and feel the cantor experience will not be the same.

Bev

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,401 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safari - jeep or cantor

The online booking system got kicked off late and when it did start, no availability for these dates was even showing up on the system. However do contact your hotel and put pressure on them to try and get you a jeep. When you get to Ranthambore go to the forest office and try and get a booking done yourself. In India, persistence may pay off. Do remember that the jeeps and canters follow the same tracks and all converge at the same spot whenever there is a sighting. So in my opinion it is much better to go with the flow and enjoy the trip, the lovely sanctuary and not get too distracted and tense about not having a jeep booking

UK
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: safari - jeep or cantor

Cantor was not that bad , i think you can easily find jeep there .

3. Re: safari - jeep or cantor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2010, 19:34
Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,960 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: safari - jeep or cantor

I would not dream of going on a Canter if I can help it!

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,960 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: safari - jeep or cantor

That said, if you don't have a choice, the thing to do in the Canter is to clamber on quickly and get to the front of the vehicle. That way you will be closer to the guide.

6. Re: safari - jeep or cantor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2010, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Ranthambore National...