We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel options from Rishikesh to Guptkashi

Boston...
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel options from Rishikesh to Guptkashi

Hello experts and experienced travelers,

I am planning to visit Kedarnath in first week of Sept. I wanted to know about travel options from Rishikesh to Guptkashi. Since I am travelling alone, private taxi is not economical. I called UTC about bus service and they told me that there is only one bus at 4 am. Does anyone know if there is shared taxi service from Rishikesh or a bus service up to Rudraprayag.

Thank you for your help

Kedarnath Mandir
Sacred & Religious Sites
Madmaheshwar Temple
Sacred & Religious Sites
Gauri Kund
Sacred & Religious Sites
5 replies to this topic
Bengaluru, India
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel options from Rishikesh to Guptkashi

I took the bus from Delhi to Guptkashi that stops at 4 in the morning at Rishikesh. This option is highly feasible and economical for a solo traveler since it reaches Guptkashi right around 10 in the morning which would help you start the trek to w on the same day. If you leave post 6 in the morning to Guptkashi, it would take more time to reach Gaurikund and you would have to stay put there for the night and begin the trek early morning next day. Last private bus from Rishikesh leaves around 7 in the morning and it would be hard pressed to find one post that. Shared Taxi's are available but it would be break journey. Rishikesh - Srinagar - Rudraprayag - Guptkashi and then gaurikund.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
213 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel options from Rishikesh to Guptkashi

Thanks for the information. I will be doing the same circuit next week and this is helpful info.

If I may enquire, Where did you book for the bus? My understanding was that the buses went from Delhi to Hardwar or Rishikesh only. Doesn't the travel become too long?

Thanks,

Velu

Boston...
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel options from Rishikesh to Guptkashi

Great!

Please share your experience. If

Boston...
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel options from Rishikesh to Guptkashi

@Padmanabhankp Thank you for the information. Just one more question. Since you have to register for Yatra in advance, if you take a direct bus from Delhi, where do you register and get the photo-metric card. I called up GMVN Guptkashi and they told me that I should register at Rishikesh and then only come. How do you register ?

Thanks,

Sanjeev Sharma

@sanjeevrsharma

Boston...
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel options from Rishikesh to Guptkashi

I am thinking of a Volvo bus from Delhi to Rishikesh so that i get a good night's sleep and then take Guptkashi bus @ 4:30 am from Rihiskesh which is a ordinary bus. Keeping my fingers crossed. If you are coming on 5th sept, we can share a cab from rishikesh. I am planning to spend 6th night at kedar and come back 7th morning.

@sanjeevrsharma

Reply to: Travel options from Rishikesh to Guptkashi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kedarnath