We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Uber
Save

i use uber in the states often and find it very useful. i see that they have uber in costa rica. is it issues with it there? has anyone used it? I prefer to use uber over a taxi its more personable.

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
5,925 posts
115 reviews
51 helpful votes
1. Re: Uber
Save

My favorite animation involving Uber in CR:

https://www.facebook.com/diegulf/videos/1039707719403667/

White: Regular traffic.

Red: Official taxis.

Black: Uber.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
30 posts
2. Re: Uber
Save

Lol. Not a fan of uber I guess?

nebraska
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
70 reviews
36 helpful votes
3. Re: Uber
Save

Uber is not popular in CR. Atenas is a small town and all the taxis (White & Red) are locals. Most are personable. It is easy to get personable, especially if you know Spanish.

Canada
Level Contributor
6,218 posts
65 reviews
45 helpful votes
4. Re: Uber
Save

I an not so sure that Uber is not popular in the Central Valley, but there certainly is a lot of controversy over it, just like many other places. Cab driver are definitely not fans to say the least!!!

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
5,925 posts
115 reviews
51 helpful votes
5. Re: Uber
Save

Au contraire - I love Uber and have no interest in taking a regular taxi. However, Uber is not without controversy in CR...

6. Re: Uber

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2020, 01:40
Get answers to your questions about Atenas
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.