We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Beach Resort from Atenas in Dec

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
9 helpful votes
Recommended Beach Resort from Atenas in Dec
Save

Traveling to Atenas, CR in Dec. My partner has never been to the Ocean so our plan is to spend part of the time inland and part on the coast!

I'd love any recommendations, do's, dont's etc.

Thanks so much!!

nebraska
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
70 reviews
36 helpful votes
1. Re: Recommended Beach Resort from Atenas in Dec
Save

It depends what you're looking for in an ocean beach. If you want a "nice" sand beach a lot of people go to Punta Leona but I don't think the facilities are that great. If you want a party atmosphere then Jaco. If you want quiet, upscale, romantic then I would say

Esterillos ( maybe here http://www.almadelpacifico.com)

All of these areas are within 1 1/2hrs to 3 1/2hrs from Atenas

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
9 helpful votes
2. Re: Recommended Beach Resort from Atenas in Dec
Save

Great Info! Thanks very much for your input!

Naranjo, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
585 posts
31 reviews
71 helpful votes
3. Re: Recommended Beach Resort from Atenas in Dec
Save

The Pelican Hotel, just down the beach from Alma del Pacifico, is a cheaper option for that area. Or else, stay at one, eat at the other. The Pelican has a nice restaurant.

4. Re: Recommended Beach Resort from Atenas in Dec

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2018, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Atenas
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.