We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Malga Ciapela from Venice

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Malga Ciapela from Venice

We are two adults who need to travel from Venice to Malga Ciapela on Thursday, February 8 2018. I don't know how to arrange transportation for this transfer.

I also must arrange transportation from Malga Ciapela to Cortina on Feb. 12.

I would appreciate any advice on this topic. Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
2 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
2,629 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Malga Ciapela from Venice

A car would be preferable in the mountains. Otherwise, you have to take a combination of a couple of buses, or a train and a couple of buses, and it would take at best close to 5 hours. Driving from Venice, on the other hand, would take about 2 hours and it would be a pretty straight shot. (Autostrada to Ponte delle Alpi, then a well marked route to Cortina and on). Really, if you pick an out of the way place to stay, don’t excpect easy transportation...

Call the Malga and see if they have some type of shuttle service to Cortina or other places. I doubt it but you never know.

Check Rome2rio for the different ways to get there.

Edited: 20 December 2017, 23:05
Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
751 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Malga Ciapela from Venice

I'd rent a car. Weather might be a problem, but other than that, driving is generally easy--especially if you are familiar with driving in mountainous areas. The Marmolada cable car was fun, and the views are great up there--also a small museum.

Reply to: Getting to Malga Ciapela from Venice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Malga Ciapela