We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses from Yangon to Ngwe Saung

Bangkok, Thailand
3 posts
Save Topic
Buses from Yangon to Ngwe Saung

Hello everybody

From our agency we heard that in November there are no daily buses from Yangon to Ngwe Saung except on Fridays and back on Sunday. They want us to hire a car for over 500$...

Thank you for any information/tip and also where we can book tickets and from what bus station the leave.

31 replies to this topic
Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,832 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses from Yangon to Ngwe Saung

There are a few posts recently that would have answered your question if you had looked before posting.

Please read #2 here

tripadvisor.co.uk/…54020196

Bangkok, Thailand
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses from Yangon to Ngwe Saung

Many thanks for your post - indeed I did check before but our agency insists (just got the mail) that in this month, only the Friday bus once a week is doing this trip. Apparently no other bus companies are doing the YGN to Nwge Saung route (also neither the Golden Star nor Asia Dragon) - if this is really the case was my question. Or if the agency is just trying to get a good car rental deal from us...

Many thanks for clarifying this!

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses from Yangon to Ngwe Saung

There is a bus company that should go every day - called Shwe Pyi Lwin. I have a ticket to go with them tomorrow (Saturday) which cost 11,000 Kyat - about $11. Many bus companies have offices on the southern side of Aung San Stadium - just across from the train station - or on the upper block of Pansodan Road (walking distance from the stadium/train station). You can book tickets there. Buses to Ngwe Saung mostly leave from Dagon Ayar Bus Station in Hlaing Township. It's at least a 45 minute drive from downtown.

There are also buses that go from Yangon to Pathein several times a day, every day. The buses leave from the same station in Yangon. Tickets can be bought at the same bus offices near the stadium. From Pathein you can switch to another bus/minibus to Ngwe Saung. It takes a bit more time than a direct bus though.

Asia Dragon has a Friday night bus, but didn't seem to have any daytime options when I asked.

Hope this helps!

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses from Yangon to Ngwe Saung

Just a quick update with more info...

Another bus company called Kan Htoo Aung makes a daily trip Yangon to Ngwe Saung, leaving the Dagon Ayar Bus Station at 8AM. They run a daily bus back from Ngwe Saung to Yangon leaving at 10AM. I don't know if they have an office in central Yangon, but you can always buy a ticket at the bus station itself.

Even at 6AM, it took me a full hour to get from central Yangon to the bus station - and many taxis were reluctant to go that way because they all seemed to have a shift change coming up. So leave plenty of time to get to your bus!

My hotel in Ngwe Saung told me there are three daily buses from Ngwe Saung to Yangon - leaving at 6:30AM, 8AM, and 10AM - at least during the current high season. Shwe Pyi Lwin is one of them, and the 10AM is Kan Htoo Aung. There are many more timing options if you switch buses in Pathein.

Donnybrook...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buses from Yangon to Ngwe Saung

hey guys i am going to be in ngwe saung beach in the end of may, i understand that is really easy to get there from yangon but my question is what is the easy why to go back to yangon ?

i understand that its only one bus departing only on friday?

Singapore
Level Contributor
7 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buses from Yangon to Ngwe Saung

Hey TimorG101, you might already have gotten your answer but I'll just add my 2 cents. I took the bus all the way. When I did the planning, I only really planned on getting to Ngwe Saung but not much about getting back to Yangon. Yes thats not good but anyways....

I was heading back to Yangon on Friday. I asked my hotel for information the day before and they actually helped me do the booking. There were 2 time slots in the morning. I think its 6am and I chose 8am. I paid the hotel and they issued me a ticket with the details. The next morning they drove me to the bus pickup point. Its simple.

Edited: 05 May 2014, 10:23
Toledo, Spain
Level Contributor
7 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buses from Yangon to Ngwe Saung

I will travel to nwge saung late novembre, I wonder if there is any way to get from bagan or have to go to Yangon. Also I would need a bit of information on flight schedules to get to know yangon. thank you

Mandalay, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buses from Yangon to Ngwe Saung

You need to go to Yangon to reach Ngwe Saung, No other way. Fly to Yangon ( http://www.airbagan.com/flight-schedules.html ) & Take a bus to Ngwe Saung.

Toledo, Spain
Level Contributor
7 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buses from Yangon to Ngwe Saung

Thank you. Could you tell me the bus times to nwge saung from yangon to buy flights to yangon

Mandalay, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buses from Yangon to Ngwe Saung

Bus to Ngwe Saung leaves 6:00 AM , 7:00 AM from Yangon.

Reply to: Buses from Yangon to Ngwe Saung
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted