We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation in November

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation in November

Me and my husband are thinking about going to Burma in November. But before buing plane tickets I checked accomodation in Ngwe Saung on booking.com and there is hardly any hotel available or if there is, then the price is too high for me. Do you know if there are many hotels there that do not have website and we can just go there and ask for a room?

I would we grateful for any pice of info.

Thanks,

Ana

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,714 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation in November

If you go into the top toolbar "hotels" and input your November dates there are at least 6 hotels quoting prices-remember booking.com are not well represented in Myanmar.

Booking.com has got prices on 3 hotels but Asia Travel/Agoda/Hotels.com have prices on the rest but many hotels do not use internet bookings.

Most of the cheaper accommodation do not use online Agents-check the reviews and contact them direct for prices (there are 10 guest houses and similar properties)

Surely you are not coming to Myanmar for just Ngwe Saung.?

What about the rest of your itinerary?

SS

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation in November

you are going to have a well prepared itinerary and prebook hotel ASAP as said you can book online see trip advisor selection as many dont bother with Myanmar and when they do they tend to prebook more expensive rooms

www.montymanstravels.com/?page_id=19

as SS said what about the rest of your trip

www.go-myanmar.com/accommodation I wuld prefer chaungtha for a few days at Shwe Hin Tha hotelfanned wooden rooms ensuite on beachand eating shwe min fro a few days $30 for two B&B

Edited: 22 September 2015, 14:57
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation in November

Thank you so much for the advice!

I wanted to start the research from the beach prices:) Our itinerary is:

- 2 days in Yangoon

- 6 days beach

then to see Inle Lake, maybe 3 days there, then 3 days in Bagan and 1 day in Mandalay.

The idea of Burma came up just yesterday so I do not know much yet:)

Do you think there can be problems with free rooms in other places as well?

I will search for rooms today and see how it goes:)

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation in November

Yes, best to book ASAP as it will be the beginning of high seaosn.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,714 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation in November

To save backtracking perhaps leave the beach to the end and start in Mandalay(2), flying there from Bangkok

Then Bagan(2)/Inle lake(3) and either fly to Yangon for Ngwe Saung or fly direct to Thandwe for Ngapali Beach for as many days as you wish.

You could then finish your visit with a couple of days in Yangon(2) before flying out.

SS

6. Re: Accomodation in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 September 2015, 19:35
7. Re: Accomodation in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2016, 01:17