We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Yagon to Ngwesaung Beach

9 posts
Save Topic
Bus from Yagon to Ngwesaung Beach

Hello all,

I plan go to ngwesaung beach from Yagon.

I'll be arrive at 6.00 am RGN airport.

Just want to comfirm that bus from Yagon to Ngwesaung still availble this month and the schedule is at early morning 6:30 am?!

And how do i get that bus from the airport?

Many thanks

5 replies to this topic
Yangon, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon)
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Yagon to Ngwesaung Beach

You better go straight to Dagon Ayeyar Highway Bus station. There are many buses leaving to Ngwe Saung.

Kyoto, Japan
Level Contributor
145 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Yagon to Ngwesaung Beach

Please consider that it takes at least 30 minutes from the airport to the bus station (longer with traffic) and you should also allow some time for immigration procedures at the airport (quite long if two or more flights land at the same time). The airport to bus station taxi ride should cost you no more than 6000 kyats (maybe less if you bargain hard). As for the bus schedule, I suggest you contact your hotel/guesthouse in Ngwe Saung and ask them to make arrangements for you. My only advice is to avoid the night bus of Asia Dragon: it is a nightmare with loud music all the time, crazy driver, arrival in the middle of the night in Ngwe Saung.

9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Yagon to Ngwesaung Beach

Thanks alot Kkym Finally I can managed the time and reach the station early.

9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Yagon to Ngwesaung Beach

Ioteoc many thanks for your info bro. Finally I'm in the bus right now on the way to Ngwesaung. Got the time departure at 8.00 am. Hope will reach before sunset :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Yagon to Ngwesaung Beach

buses leave for Chaungtha and Ngwe saung from around 730am so just grab and bargain for taxi to Dagon Ayeyar Highway Bus station. when you return to bus station from you beach break take J =2 in Burmese local bus . It will take you direct for 300kyat to Sule pagoda whereas taxis often demand well over $10 for foreigners for same journey .

http://montymanstravels.com/?page_id=19

Reply to: Bus from Yagon to Ngwesaung Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted