We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Linking Bogalay / Ngwe Saung / Bagan / Kalaw and Hpa-An

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Linking Bogalay / Ngwe Saung / Bagan / Kalaw and Hpa-An

Hi

I'm trying to finalise our itinerary for Dec/Jan (3 weeks) and looking at the best ways to travel between these destinations.

I'm keen to use buses (esp. night buses when possible) and would like to avoid too touristy places (whenever possible).

I'm finding it very difficult to find out how best to link the following destinations:

Yangon - Hpa-An

Hpa-An - Kalaw

Kalaw - Bagan (that one is easy)

Bagan - Ngwe Saug

then back to Yangon (easy)

It looks like we might have to go via Yangon each time - is that true?

eg. from Hpa-An to Kalaw and from Bagan to Ngwe Saung

Any help hugely appreciated.

Marion

2 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Linking Bogalay / Ngwe Saung / Bagan / Kalaw and Hpa-An

Only the best option to Ngwe Saung from Bagan is taking night vus from Bagan then you reach Yagon next day early and take taxi to Hlain Thar Yar bus station to catch buses leaving at 6:30/7:30/8:00 .Then choose the place where you would like to relax !

That's all.

Have a nice time there!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
5,375 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Linking Bogalay / Ngwe Saung / Bagan / Kalaw and Hpa-An

There was a bus Hpa-An to Inle which will go through Kalaw, takes about 12 hours, cost around 16,000 kyat not heard anyone taking it recently. Better to do Ngwe Saung from Yangon, its about 7 hours by bus. You maybe better doing Yangon to Bagan to Kalaw to Hpa-An to Yangon to Ngwe Saung then back to Yangon. You are going mostly to tourist places, if you want to avoid them it can be done, the only tourist place you are missing is Inle.

Reply to: Linking Bogalay / Ngwe Saung / Bagan / Kalaw and Hpa-An
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted